Some AOS filers, or just suggestions, have stated that they have mailed the AOS & the EAD in the same package, or inside the same envelope.

However, the instructions for the EAD say to send directly to the INS Service Center, in my case that would be Nebraska.

The BCIS told me to send my AOS to my local city office, which is downtown.

So, are there different rules for other folks applying from different geographical areas?

Based on Nebraska's extremely efficient and speedy service, does the BCIS really believe I will receive some kind of receipt/EAD approval from them (Nebraska) before my AOS interview/approval in my local city? If not, then wouldn't the EAD filing be just a waste of time?

Thanks

Yes, definitely call your local office first. Send in everything you can at the local office. Whatever the local office won't do, send to your regional service center.

It seems to definitely vary from region to region. Here in LV, we filed AOS, EAD together at the same time and place locally. You will need to file AP only if you plan to travel outside the country before your AOS approval and ADIT processing

I'm still reeling from the fact that the BCIS site listed in another thread reveals that the Atlanta Center is currently processing AOS applications received June 26, 2001. Jeeeezzz.... :blink:

Mick, what are the problems and issues if it does take that long? Just asking, because I really don't know. She is already here, is she not? So it's not like the K1 wait?

Also I'm thinking we will just apply in person, maybe that will solve a lot of "where do we file... ." issues.

Well, my local office number, Portland, OR., is the BCIS 800 number it seems, and the service center directs me to the BCIS 800 number.

So, the final answer is from the BCIS 800 number:

1) Need to include the Vaccination Supplement with the I-485?

No. Bring to interview. Damn, and I have a feeling that sealed envelope has a date which may expire by the time she gets an interview.

2) Include the I-765 (EAD) in the same envelope as the I-485?

Yes. Do not send the I-765 to the Service Center.

3) Send finger print fee now, and as a separate check/money order?

Yes. Even though the appoitment for the finger printing is later, send the money now, as a separate check/money order.

Money and paperwork, whatever makes them happy.

I'm still reeling from the fact that the BCIS site listed in another thread reveals that the Atlanta Center is currently processing AOS applications received June 26, 2001. Jeeeezzz.... :rolleyes:

Mick, what are the problems and issues if it does take that long? Just asking, because I really don't know. She is already here, is she not? So it's not like the K1 wait?

Also I'm thinking we will just apply in person, maybe that will solve a lot of "where do we file... ." issues.

The only issue I really can see is applying for visas to other countries when travelling ( after AP but before GC issued ) . Much easier to show a green card, resident of the U.S to say the embassy of Australia, than the grocery receipt and AP.

It's just a pain. :rolleyes: