New process....lots of questions

So, I've been part of CFL a while now and was pretty clear on how everything worked. My husband is now a citizen and we have decided to bring his parents here.

I was thinking....I know how all of this works. It should be easy, but I was checking this forum to remind myself how it all worked and I see a lot has changed.

I have a couple of questions....

We DCF when we applied for my husband to come. So, I'm not familiar with how the process works from here. We have already sent in the I-130 and paid the fee for both of his parents. Yesterday we received NOA-1.

From what I remember in a couple months we should receive NOA-2, stating the approval or denial of DHL?

Then, the applications go to the NVC? What happens at the NVC? From what I am reading it seems that almost everything happens here.

What fees will we have to pay to NVC? Do we pay the interview fee to NVC?

Does P-3 come before the case is sent to GUZ or afterwards?

I see we can now submit documents electronically, but the process appears to still have some bugs in it?

After the case is sent to GUZ how much does the physical cost?

My in law's don't speak English. Will they allow my husband to go in with them to translate? He said he remembers another guy that was there translating for his parents when he went to his interview. Can anyone confirm this?

Ok. I know that's a whole list of questions and I'm sorry. This process is just a lot different than when we DCF and I've already forgotten most of that.

Thank you guys in advance for any help you can offer. I owe so much to CFL and I appreciate everyone in this community!

So, I've been part of CFL a while now and was pretty clear on how everything worked. My husband is now a citizen and we have decided to bring his parents here.

I was thinking....I know how all of this works. It should be easy, but I was checking this forum to remind myself how it all worked and I see a lot has changed.

I have a couple of questions....

We DCF when we applied for my husband to come. So, I'm not familiar with how the process works from here. We have already sent in the I-130 and paid the fee for both of his parents. Yesterday we received NOA-1.

From what I remember in a couple months we should receive NOA-2, stating the approval or denial of DHL?

Then, the applications go to the NVC? What happens at the NVC? From what I am reading it seems that almost everything happens here.

What fees will we have to pay to NVC? Do we pay the interview fee to NVC?

Does P-3 come before the case is sent to GUZ or afterwards?

I see we can now submit documents electronically, but the process appears to still have some bugs in it?

After the case is sent to GUZ how much does the physical cost?

My in law's don't speak English. Will they allow my husband to go in with them to translate? He said he remembers another guy that was there translating for his parents when he went to his interview. Can anyone confirm this?

Ok. I know that's a whole list of questions and I'm sorry. This process is just a lot different than when we DCF and I've already forgotten most of that.

Thank you guys in advance for any help you can offer. I owe so much to CFL and I appreciate everyone in this community!

Yes, the next step is for you to receive NOA2 - approval notice. This should come shortly. The process for my wife's parents from being recieved at USCIS P1 through interview was only about 4 1/2 months.

After P2, the case is transferred to NVC. You will receive a notice that NVC has received your case. The packet will contain the I-864 payment along with the agent selection form DS-3032. Do not mail this back. Whatever you do make sure to scan it in, send it to them in an email and opt in for electronic processing at NVC, This will sorten your prcessing by months. You can also pay the I-864 payment online at http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4354.html. The fees at NVC will include $70 for I-864 and $400 for DS-230 form. The payment for the DS-230 is the interview fee for IR-5, so they will not need to pay at GUZ. Make sure you read through the civil documents needed for interview. NVC will collect these. Almost everything is collect by NVC. You can shorten your processing time by starting to collect these documents now. I did not have any bugs in the electronic processing is was flawless and quick. The nice thing with electronic processing was when there was a problem or concern you could get a reply back from GUZ NVCGuangzhou@state.gov in a timely manner. NVC never seemed to know anything.

Most VO's at GUZ speak Chinese. If not, they will have an interpreter readily available. I have never heard of anyone but the beneficiary being allowed into the visa center. Petitioners can only wait at the coffee shop.

You wait until NOA2 USCIS approval, and then you have a choice, do the older slower processing with NVC, or the newer electronic processing with NVC.

For electronic processing start here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

You will be paying 2 fees for each immigrant, a $70 Affidavit of support fee, and a $400 immigrant visa fee. Both can be paid on line.

Your in-laws will be sending a DS-3032 designating you as their agent, then P-3 will be sent to you in the USA, you will then respond to P-3 and then after processing is complete at NVC, the consulate will then send P-4 to your in-laws.

Cost of physical varries depending on which medical center does the physical.