Jobs In China

Any ideas or suggestions or how to go about finding a job in China other than teaching English there?

I have taught English at various universities in China for the past 2.5 years. There is no greater joy to share one's knowledge and have a profound impact on one's future. However, it was not really my cup of tea. I was hoping to use my foot in the teaching English's door to get into teaching Business and Computer courses. Anyway, it did not work out that way.

I am now back in the US waiting for the arrival of my wife and son. She has her interview December 8th and a ticket for December 17th. Upon her arrival we will discuss our future plans.

I am open to going back to China to live. I would like to get a position in Accounting/Auditing, banking, financial services and/or insurance. I also have a background in the Computer and Telecommunications industry. The major problem I see is LANGUAGE and the DIFFERENCES in the American and Chinese way of doing business. My other option and probably my best option is to open a business in my wife's name.

Anyway, any suggestions or advice to how to go about finding a professional job in China would be greatly appreciated.

If you have not already heard about this group on Yahoo then I would suggest you also join this group and ask questions there as well. Sorry, I personally do not have any ideas for you but I have only been to China for three weeks before.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/China-USA-Couples/

Good luck. I myself want to go to China and teach English but I know it does not pay well like the professional level position you are seeking.

I'm in Shanghai now one of the boominest cities in China, but jobs here are hard to come by. There are numerous job sites on the net for China, but they are about as effective as Monster.Com. Here in Shanghai I know you can go to the American Chamber of commerce to get an idea of where to work. It's also good to network amongst the expats once you get here.

I lucked into the job I have now. I met a lot of people in Nanjing that work for the company I am at now. When this project came up they remembered my skillset and placed me right into a sweet position.

-Tim