What's the problem in at Guangzhou?

On September 22, my fiancee was given her visa approval letter. On the letter it states you can pick up your visa in two days. She was also told this in person by the VO. It has been 26 days. The consulate has not answered my fax or email. Does anyone know what is going on? My fiancee was told a few days after the interview that the Chinese holiday would cause a delay and that there was also a computer/printer problem. Does anyone else have a delay from this time period or does anyone know any details?

Ric

Sorry to hear this. 26 days is a long wait. Call your Congressman or Senator, and ask them to do an inquiry. They can usually get a response in few days.

senater can do nothing , email, fax and call GUZ.

if you want more advice pm fot phone #

Sorry to hear this. 26 days is a long wait. Call your Congressman or Senator, and ask them to do an inquiry. They can usually get a response in few days.

senater can do nothing , email, fax and call GUZ.

if you want more advice pm fot phone #

What I was thinking is that sometimes files are overlooked, or the Con Off is out sick or on vacation, etc. So when the Congressional inquiry comes, they must respond to it. And, when they pull the file to respond, they may see that it has been overlooked.

I would definitely contact the consulate by all means possible. Who knows if that will make the process move more quickly, but at least they'll be reminded of your situation.

Have you tired tracking her passport using her EMS slip? You may try that.

http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp

My fiancee got her Visa approval letter on Sept 23.

She was told it can be picked up in 3 to 15 days from the post office.

Her mom took another trip to Guangzhou on Oct 5 to pick it up in person.

Are you trying to up from the post office or the consulate? the visa is at the post office and it must be picked up by the person who's ID card was left there.

My fiancee got her Visa approval letter on Sept 23.

She was told it can be picked up in 3 to 15 days from the post office.

Her mom took another trip to Guangzhou on Oct 5 to pick it up in person.

Are you trying to up from the post office or the consulate? the visa is at the post office and it must be picked up by the person who's ID card was left there.

Thanks to all who have answered. Yes, she was to pick it up at the local Guangzhou post office.

On September 22, my fiancee was given her visa approval letter. On the letter it states you can pick up your visa in two days. She was also told this in person by the VO. It has been 26 days. The consulate has not answered my fax or email. Does anyone know what is going on? My fiancee was told a few days after the interview that the Chinese holiday would cause a delay and that there was also a computer/printer problem. Does anyone else have a delay from this time period or does anyone know any details?

Ric

I'm at a totally different stage (just turning in my DCF), but I also have been unable to get any response from the Guangzhou consulate via email or phone calls. At this point I have given up on talking to them.

Ric

I'm at a totally different stage (just turning in my DCF), but I also have been unable to get any response from the Guangzhou consulate via email or phone calls. At this point I have given up on talking to them.

Try this email form if you haven't already.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html

They always get back to me within two days, usually a day. I emailed them last Thursday night and got a response Friday afternoon. This is oftentimes the best and only way to reach them.

They always get back to me within two days, usually a day. I emailed them last Thursday night and got a response Friday afternoon. This is oftentimes the best and only way to reach them.

I sent them an email from that link four days ago and nothing.

Edited by ricaltman (see edit history)

I sent them an email from that link four days ago and nothing.

I think you are missing the point or I am not understanding ths situation. The key contact is the Post Office and you must move quickly, because they will return the passport to the Consulate-Good luck

I think you are missing the point or I am not understanding ths situation. The key contact is the Post Office and you must move quickly, because they will return the passport to the Consulate-Good luck

Yes, she paid for delivery to the local post office in Guangzhou. The post office has a phone number, which we call every day and there is also a tracking number which we check every day.

That's interesting because I emailed GUZ about our case status this morning and they replied in just a few hours.

What does the tracking information state?

I don't get it. Maybe rather than take the time to answer me, they processed the visa. I checked the EMS website a few minutes ago and voila! The visa has been picked up at the consulate!!!!!! 29 days after approval.

Edited by ricaltman (see edit history)