Stimulus jobs reporting, a big 'Oops'

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

It has been estimated that it will cost $71,000 per job created. China has a $586 billion dollar programand it seems to be working. Ours seems to be a game of 52 pick up.

Making it even more difficult to discover the true jobs number is a decision to put the responsibility of correcting mistakes on the stimulus recipients' shoulders. For transparency's sake, government agencies can point out errors but are powerless to change them. All of the data are under government review, and a report on the errors the agencies find will be available at the end of the month.

Oil is at $78 a barrel with the prediction of a $100 by December. Foreclosures where up 5% last month. The underemployed is at 17%, the unemployed is heading past 10% soon. The deficit for 2009 is $1.42 trillion (it took us 206 years to reach a one trillion dollar national debt) Now we are more efficient, we do it now in a few months. But in Washington its 1933 all over again with Happy Days are here again.

I am 59 and I have seen the zenith of American power and prestiage and now as I approach the winter years of my life it seems I will witness the decay.

How in God's creation can we allow this to go on?The dooms day boys ar telling us be prepared for 12-21-12. What about 2010?