Green on top of Blue

Hi all!

My sweetie had his interview on the 14th. Sounds like he did a great job. Needless to say we got green on top of blue, due to the fact that apparently my parents don't qualify as cosponsors since I have nine siblings... even though they are above the poverty level.

We were told to get another sponsor and send another I-134 into the consulate, and then wait to hear back from them. The VO was very nice to my Sweetie, and even said she was sorry about the complications but that they have a financial guideline to follow and can't cross it.

My Sweetheart said that the interview was simple and logical. If you love the person you're going to marry you should have no problem answering the questions... he did so with flying colors. I was so proud of my man! He said it was not at all the horrifying interrogation he expected.

They took my hand-written letter and kept it. I think that was a good idea on my part, writing that letter. He said the lady VO asked questions like "What are your fiancee's siblings names and ages?" "Have you graduated? Has your fiancee?" "What do you two intend to do in the future?" "How many children will you have?" "Have you met her parents?" "Do you have any pictures?" (we had 70+, which the VO enjoyed looking at) "How did you meet?" etc... My Sweetie offered to show the sample wedding invitations that I had printed out... she said they looked very nice and smiled. Our travel tickets, phone bills, my ring and receipt, my Guangxi Normal University ID, etc., was never looked at. No harassing, no strangeness, no problems. In the very end, the VO turned to another VO next to her and spoke for awhile.

Then she came back and said to my Sweetie, "I am sorry, your fiancee's family just has too many kids... we need you to find a co sponsor within these guidelines," and pointed to a chart on the wall. She said, "here are your instructions," (handed over a green slip attached to a blue slip) "send us a new I-134 and we'll contact you again. You do not need to come in for another interview."

My Sweetie was one of the first called up, even though it seemed like an eternity to me while I waited. I was really surprised that the money was an issue.... we had thought through lots of possible problems, but not this one. It's somewhat disappointing, but it looks like it should be an easy overcome. (input??)

Anyone else got this before? After we send in the docs how long should it take to hear back? The blue paper says he does not require another interview. How should we expect to finally get the visa in the end? Will they send the pink paper in the mail and we go to Guangzhou again to pick it up or....?!

It sounds like the VO was very nice and very professional, and that she genuinely wanted to give him the visa, but they had to stick to that "chart on the wall."

Thanks so much for all the support of the folks on CFL!!! I'm praying we are at the tail end of things here... if anyone has info for us or who has gone through some thing similar please share! :D Thanks again!

Hi Rachel, I'm sorry you guys got the blue slip, but, it seems like it should be pretty easy to overcome. You may want to take a look at the other people who received blue slips. I've been reading through them and it seems like there is a lot of good advice given there.

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Ne...L_Timeline2.htm

It sounds like if you just send in another I-134, it should be pretty easy to be resolved. I hope it works out quickly!

sorry to see you got blue

advice

don't rush to answer.

Make sure that what you provide will totally satisfy, above and beyond what they are asking.

If you don't, you could be asked for more and this will add to the wait time.

worst is getting a denial.

response time, at least 30 days, could be more and with the upcoming holidays, even longer.

good luck

advice

don't rush to answer.

Make sure that what you provide will totally satisfy, above and beyond what they are asking.

response time, at least 30 days, could be more and with the upcoming holidays, even longer.

good luck

Thanks everybody. We have a friend who is willing and able to co sponsor. We'll do our best.

Can anyone give me an idea as to whether or not they will mail him the pink paper or if he has to go in for a second interview/or appointment? thanks!

advice

don't rush to answer.

good luck

Thanks everybody. We have a friend who is willing and able to co sponsor. We'll do our best.

Can anyone give me an idea as to whether or not they will mail him the pink paper or if he has to go in for a second interview/or appointment? thanks!

they will EMS it to him either way.

You'll find out faster first if you register with the EMAIL alert

good luck

Well, we got the new I-134 from joint sponsor mailed off today to the Consulate! Let's pray that this is the final loop-hole! I'm *really* hoping that they get to his file before the holidays start, preferably before Thanksgiving, or else maybe it'll get shoved into a pile somewhere and forgotten B)

I was so hoping we could be in the States for Christmas. :) Oh well... just gotta keep waiting :D :lol:

I hope everything goes smoothly for the two of you. I'm certain if you guys followed the instructions on the blue sheet, everything will work out for a positive result.

I hope everything goes smoothly for the two of you. I'm certain if you guys followed the instructions on the blue sheet, everything will work out for a positive result.

Thanks, KJJ. I really think we did everything we were supposed to. Our friend even got the new I-134 and letter of interest notarized in WI, even though that box wasn't checked on the green slip. It would sure be great if we hear back soon! :(