Can I live in CHina

I have a Chinese visa. It is a F Visa. I have multiple entries for 1 year. But now i want to live in China After i marry my love. How easy is this task. It seems that i would have to get a Z Visa. True?????????

Where will you stay when you marry your girl? You can get your visa renewed at the local PSB office, or (worst case) by crossing the border into Hong Kong or Taiwan or other country with a Chinese consulate.

When your 90 (or other) day stay expires, you only need to cross the border and return.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I have a Chinese visa. It is a F Visa. I have multiple entries for 1 year. But now i want to live in China After i marry my love. How easy is this task. It seems that i would have to get a Z Visa. True?????????

Where will you stay when you marry your girl? You can get your visa renew.ed at the local PSB office, or (worst case) by crossing the border into Hong Kong or Taiwan or other country with an American consulate.

Sorry, i pressed the wrong button. We met 5 years ago when i opened our US owned factory. now we are serious and i think i am willing to live here for sometime. I don't want to break any rules because in the future i would like for her to see America.

Where will you stay when you marry your girl? You can get your visa renew.ed at the local PSB office, or (worst case) by crossing the border into Hong Kong or Taiwan or other country with an American consulate.

Sorry, i pressed the wrong button. We met 5 years ago when i opened our US owned factory. now we are serious and i think i am willing to live here for sometime. I don't want to break any rules because in the future i would like for her to see America.

I will be living in Xiamen

So i just keep renewing my visa every year? In China or USA?

I just spent almost 2 years in Xiamen. I was their as an (old guy) student so I just paid my $1000.00 USD a year - and had a nice 1 year - resident visa to go to school.

I then met my fiance (now wife) and decided for a lot of reasons that we needed to be married in the US, so I filed a K1 fiance visa.

Since you are getting "married" over there....it will be MUCH SIMPLER for you. Steps. (1) Go to China and get married. Take enough time to make sure this is what you want to do...and if you need to stay longer that the initial 90 days to make this happen you can go to the local PSB on Zhong Shang Lu and get it extended. (Ensure that you registered with them when you arrive if not staying somewhere that does it for you). If for some strange reason (like when the olympics were in progress) they won't extend it for you...fly to Hong Kong - and return in the same day for another 90 days. This is cheap. (2) If you get married within the 90 days - then all you have to do is go to the same PSB and get a 1 year Resident VISA based on your marriage and living with a PRC citizen...no problem.

Have you reviewed what you need from GUZ to get married in China? It is spelled out on the GUZ web - and other members on CFL have done it - so lot's of experience here.

You can apply for her visa to the US when you are ready to come back - ensure that you have maintained a "residence" of some sort here in the US - many ways to skin that cat. There is a lot of information about that as well as other requirements on CFL and VJ.

Best of Luck.

{Edit} Fixed broken quote tags.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I just spent almost 2 years in Xiamen. I was their as an (old guy) student so I just paid my $1000.00 USD a year - and had a nice 1 year - resident visa to go to school.

I then met my fiance (now wife) and decided for a lot of reasons that we needed to be married in the US, so I filed a K1 fiance visa.

Since you are getting "married" over there....it will be MUCH SIMPLER for you. Steps. (1) Go to China and get married. Take enough time to make sure this is what you want to do...and if you need to stay longer that the initial 90 days to make this happen you can go to the local PSB on Zhong Shang Lu and get it extended. (Ensure that you registered with them when you arrive if not staying somewhere that does it for you). If for some strange reason (like when the olympics were in progress) they won't extend it for you...fly to Hong Kong - and return in the same day for another 90 days. This is cheap. (2) If you get married within the 90 days - then all you have to do is go to the same PSB and get a 1 year Resident VISA based on your marriage and living with a PRC citizen...no problem.

Have you reviewed what you need from GUZ to get married in China? It is spelled out on the GUZ web - and other members on CFL have done it - so lot's of experience here.

You can apply for her visa to the US when you are ready to come back - ensure that you have maintained a "residence" of some sort here in the US - many ways to skin that cat. There is a lot of information about that as well as other requirements on CFL and VJ.

Best of Luck.

Cool, sounds like you know whats up!!

I have known this lady for five years working at our factory. recently we have gotten together and we are really in love. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. well you know the rest. Now i am exploring all my options and it all seems so difficult. So i decided to just live here a while and get to know her family and take my time. she really loves china and going to the USA is not at the top of her list. So, i know she is genuine. I will look into your suggestion. Thanks

Don.

{edit} Fixed broken Quotes

Best of Luck.

Cool, sounds like you know whats up!!

I have known this lady for five years working at our factory. recently we have gotten together and we are really in love. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. well you know the rest. Now i am exploring all my options and it all seems so difficult. So i decided to just live here a while and get to know her family and take my time. she really loves china and going to the USA is not at the top of her list. So, i know she is genuine. I will look into your suggestion. Thanks

Don.

You had to pay $1000 a year to stay?

{edit} Fixed broken quotes.

I don't know about what is "legal" in China, but I will tell you what I was able to do. I first moved to China with my husband from Japan, where I applied for an "L" visa. It was good for a stay of 6 months. After six months was nearly over, I renewed it for another six month stay. I did this all in Inner Mongolia, and they said they were willing to extend my visa as many times as I wanted. Now, they did once tell me that I could not be in the country for over one year, so they suggested that I should go out to Hong Kong or Outer Mongolia, etc. and get a new visa. But the next time I went back, they said I could just extend.

I think the best thing to do is to see what your local Exit and Entry Bureau says.

I am interested in what other people have to say, because I think that my case may have been unusual.

Similar topic with comments about visa types etc.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38595

I came here to Yudu china Jiangxi province May 5th 2008 on a single entry 6 month visa. then from the local visa they by Chinese law they can give you 2 mor of the same visa then you must leave china.

September 15th 2009 was the day I had to leave the mainland of China.

We went to Hong Kong the the embassy they would only give me a 30 day visa or nothing so I had to do it. Now it was to expire the 17th

of this month we went back to the visa office in ganzhou which I think is the capital of this province where we went before for a new visa.

Always before all I need was a new aplication for a visa and a statement notarized from the police here in Yudu but this time we went yesterday a 2 hour round trip on the bus to Ganzhou and they would not give me a visa without a noterized resident permit form/

So we came back home and went to the police station to get one after going to 3 police stations to get one because no one knew anything about what we were asking for no one even had or knew what the form was so we went to the visa office here and they had the form but would not notarize it so we went back to the police station and give it to them to stamp they would not so we ended going to the chief of police and he stamped it. then today we went back to Ganzhou to get me visa today and to get them togive me another 6 month visa we had to educate them about the K1 process

they ask why didn't we just married here. Any way I got a new 6 month visa good until April 14th 2010 and if I need or want to I can now get one more 6 month visa that will let me stay in china until October 13th 2010. this is my 5th visa since coming to china

4 6 month and 1 30 day visa which will let me stay here 30 months

without having to return to usa for new visa.