P-3 Pit Crew update (11/13)

Well, Bobby thinks he's fallen back into the pit.

1) Frank and Jingwen (P3 sent 11/3)

2) JoeCool (P3 sent 11/3)

3) 215dave (P3 rc'd 11/5)

4) chinese lover (P3 sent 11/5)

5) Bob & Minglian (P3 sent 11/7)

6) JerryL (P3 conf 11/7)

7) kimnjake (P3 sent 11/4)

8) jasonw (P3 in the 'puter 11/10)

Bobby (P3 sent 11/6, retracted 11/13)

Patrick&Li

robhon

Francine&gg

karen&ivan

keelec

Stats

mikem

Always hate to see someone moving backwards. But this sort of conflicting info was common back in the Black Hole. I remember one member who was informed, in response to a February email to GZ, that his fiance had yet to received clearance. This message from GZ was dated March 19. Fact is, she was not only cleared but picked up her visa same day as us, March 10. By the time they received the email from GZ stating she was not cleared, she was already in Texas.

Moral of the story: they do make mistakes sometimes.

Just talked to DOS, GZ sent my P3 out "this week". Keeping my fingers crossed... :P

Did they give you a mailing date and a mailing address? I got a mailing date two days before my serial number, and she was had the mailing address in pinyin too. God I hope they didn't use pinyin on the envelope. :huh:

Jerry

Nope, all she would tell me is that GZ sent mine out "this week", I tried to dig deeper, but she wouldn't tell me anything else. I'm gonna try again later today, hope I get a nicer person this time.

I've noticed that too. They're all very professional and polite. But some of them will joke and chat with you, while others are very business-like and give out minimal information.

I'd love to be able to work there for a few months and see what their computer system looks like and see what infos they have access to. I've gotten different information by giving them the NVC case number versus the Guangzhou case number...

Jerry

Like some of you, I am still waiting to actually received the P3. GZ says they sent it, but Jingwen hasn't received it yet. Addresses have been confirmed in English and Chinese via email and fax, but still no P3.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to go ahead and file the various P3 forms now? This would not be an attempt at a provisional file since GZ has the files (or so they say). This would not be an attempt to circumvent the system if we believe that GZ actually sent the forms. Rather, this would be an attempt to correct what appears to be a problem with EMS.

I have this sinking feeling that the pit will be knocking at my door again if I don't do something soon.

One thing I don't understand about EMS is that on their web site, there seems to be some sort of shipment tracking feature. So does this mean you can track the progress of your shipments via the web such as with Express Mail?

Assuming, of course, you could get a shipment number from GZ...

Jerry

One thing I don't understand about EMS is that on their web site, there seems to be some sort of shipment tracking feature.  So does this mean you can track the progress of your shipments via the web such as with Express Mail?

Assuming, of course, you could get a shipment number from GZ...

Jerry

Jerry,

Dont bother GZ won't give the tracking number out. I had the same problem a few months ago. I ended going to GZ to pick up the P3 in person, I was lucky to be in China at that time. If it has been more then 5 days since they sent out the P3 and your fiancee still didn't recieved it you can assume it is lost. Only thing you can do is call GZ and have them resend it again.

Good Luck

I guess I am a bit naive here and have been spoiled by the USPS... :blink: But how can letters with tracking information be 'lost'? Wouldn't there just be piles of 'lost' letters everywhere? Wouldn't the computer know where it was last seen? Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll contact the consulate and let them know...

Jerry

I guess I am a bit naive here and have been spoiled by the USPS... :P  But how can letters with tracking information be 'lost'?  Wouldn't there just be piles of 'lost' letters everywhere?  Wouldn't the computer know where it was last seen? Anyway, thanks for the advice.  I'll contact the consulate and let them know...

Jerry

Well the problem is GZ will not really help in tracking the letter and they wont give out the tracking number either, If they did you would have no problems in finding where the letter is. That is why this whole process is so mess up. The SYSTEM is so flaw in so many aspect.

I ended going to GZ to pick up the P3 in person, I was lucky to be in China at that time. If it has been more then 5 days since they sent out the P3 and your fiancee still didn't recieved it you can assume it is lost. Only thing you can do is call GZ and have them resend it again.

Good Luck

right now, I am assuming that my fiancee's P3 is MIA. do you think she could go to GZ and pick hers up? GZ said they mailed hers on 11/3 and repeated faxes and emails have yielded squat.

I ended going to GZ to pick up the P3 in person, I was lucky to be in China at that time. If it has been more then 5 days since they sent out the P3 and your fiancee still didn't recieved it you can assume it is lost. Only thing you can do is call GZ and have them resend it again.

Good Luck

right now, I am assuming that my fiancee's P3 is MIA. do you think she could go to GZ and pick hers up? GZ said they mailed hers on 11/3 and repeated faxes and emails have yielded squat.

Frank

I don't think GZ will allow your fiancee to pick up the P3. The only reason I was able to pick it up was that US citizen can enter the consulate on Tuesday and Thursday between 2pm and 4 pm to inquire about their petition.

Good Luck