A few questions.

Hi Everyone,

I am visiting my Fiancee in China right now and she just received I think P3 from Embassy in Guangzhou. They ask her to complete DS230 and OF 169 I think and send back. Those are the only two forms she needs to send back and the check list is for her to gather items for the interview am I correct? I also have to help her complete DS 156 and 157. I have them in both English and Chinese. Since I am here can I help her fill them out in English? Think that is all the questions I have for now.

Thanks,

Vinny

Hi Everyone,

I am visiting my Fiancee in China right now and she just received I think P3 from Embassy in Guangzhou. They ask her to complete DS230 and OF 169 I think and send back. Those are the only two forms she needs to send back and the check list is for her to gather items for the interview am I correct? I also have to help her complete DS 156 and 157. I have them in both English and Chinese. Since I am here can I help her fill them out in English? Think that is all the questions I have for now.

Thanks,

Vinny

Yes, the DS 230 and OF 169 are the only forms you will mail back to GUZ. You are also correct that you must check all documents prepared for the interview.

I am filing a IR-1, so I'm still learning about the K visa process. Personally, I don't see anything wrong assisting her fill in the forms, if you're basically just proof-reading it to make sure there aren't any mistakes. Heck, Jingjing and I do that.

Surely someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

you can completely fill them out and send to her to sign.

On the DS-156 form #39. Was this application prepared by another person on your behalf? Since I filled it out for my Fiancee should I answer Yes and fill in #40? When she signs #41, does she sign in English or Chinese?

I saw these questions answered in another post but can't seem to find it. What should my Fiancee answer for #22, When do you intend to arrive in the U.S? #26. How long do you intend to stay i US? I assume #27 is Marriage. #28 Who will pay for your Trip? That would be me?

Back to #14, National Identification Number. She does have a ID card with her photo that she say all Chinese have as identification. Should she input that information in or is it talking about something different?

Thanks

Vinny

On the DS-156 form #39. Was this application prepared by another person on your behalf? Since I filled it out for my Fiancee should I answer Yes and fill in #40? When she signs #41, does she sign in English or Chinese?

I saw these questions answered in another post but can't seem to find it. What should my Fiancee answer for #22, When do you intend to arrive in the U.S? #26. How long do you intend to stay i US? I assume #27 is Marriage. #28 Who will pay for your Trip? That would be me?

Back to #14, National Identification Number. She does have a ID card with her photo that she say all Chinese have as identification. Should she input that information in or is it talking about something different?

Thanks

Vinny

#39 has to do with a professional like a lawyer, can say no.

#41 She signs it in the usual way she signs everything, Chinese Characters or Pin-Yin, she does not have an "English" name.

#22 specifies (Provide Specific date if known) If not know then blank.

#26 Permanently

#27 MARRIAGE AND RELOCATION TO THE USA

#28 MYSELF

#14 Yes # from Chinese national ID card.

MORE: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-156.pdf

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

Thank you to all that responded to my question. Can my Fiancee fill out the DS 156 and 157 in Chinese because there is a Chinese version or does she have to fill them out in English?

Thanks again,

Vinny

Recomended to do both versions.

In our case I asked the VO at ACH about this and the VO told me if my Fiancee is comfortable with English, then just the English version is needed.

OR you can fill these things out for her and send them to her, for her to sign and bring to interview.

Thanks Dan!

On the DS 157 form, #17 List all educational institutions you attend or have attended. Include vocational institutions but not elementary schools.

The furthest my Fiancee completed is High School. Should I still put something down? She does not remember the school name and address.

Thanks,

Vinny

Thanks Dan!

On the DS 157 form, #17 List all educational institutions you attend or have attended. Include vocational institutions but not elementary schools.

The furthest my Fiancee completed is High School. Should I still put something down? She does not remember the school name and address.

Thanks,

Vinny

I would simply state City name like Guilin High School (No address). They are not looking into school background for a family based visa.

My Fiancee is not yet at the Interview point but I want to find out if the Interview process is in English or Chinese? I communicate with her in Chinese. She barely knows any English. Do I need to teach her basic English or something?

Thanks,

Vinny

My Fiancee is not yet at the Interview point but I want to find out if the Interview process is in English or Chinese? I communicate with her in Chinese. She barely knows any English. Do I need to teach her basic English or something?

Thanks,

Vinny

Can be done in either language, the interviewing officer is conversant in mandarin Chinese.

In our case my Yu did her interview in English just to demonstrate that we share a common language.