Letter for VO

Ok, I really did not get an answer to this question before so I will ask it in a seporate topic.

I wrote out a very good EOR for my SO to take to interview with her. It touches on my ex from Russia but not much detail. I have seen that latley they have been asking for Notorized letters explaining why you got divorced. My last wife was from Russia and I brought her over here on a K-1 visa. I just wrote a very detialed letter covering how we met, when she got here, when we were married, what happened to the marriage and why we got devorced, with dates and everything. I also included her full name, A#, SSN#, present address and persent occupation. I will have it notorized tomorrow at work. I realize that having done this before might present a big red flag in GUZ. There is about 1 year between our divorce and when I met my Fiancee from China.

My question is...........

I was married in 1994 to an American woman and divorced in 1999. Do I also need to write a letter about that one as well? I figure that since she is an american ex that maybe they will not look at that as hard as they will the one from Russia.

Robert

On the I-129F, did you list your first wife on part A-9? Since, you probably did, I would think a letter explaining your relationship with her would be useful in keeping any potential problems from arising.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

On the I-129F, did you list your first wife on part A-9? Since, you probably did, I would think a letter explaining your relationship with her would be useful in keeping any potential problems from arising.

Yes, I listed both on I-129f and G-325a. I have just read that they really grill you on questions when you have married a woman from another country before, and my first wife (the USC) was 10 years ago that we got divorced......I think maybe they would not be so interested in that.

I agree. Better safe than sorry. I detailed my one and only divorce on the EOR letter and had the ex write up a statement (which wasn't needed). But you never know so it's best to be prepared for anything. And make sure your fiancee can field the questions about both divorces (dates, reasons, etc.).

Good luck!

Jon & Cindy

I agree. Better safe than sorry. I detailed my one and only divorce on the EOR letter and had the ex write up a statement (which wasn't needed). But you never know so it's best to be prepared for anything. And make sure your fiancee can field the questions about both divorces (dates, reasons, etc.).

Good luck!

Jon & Cindy

I understand what you're saying. If it were me, I would write up an EOR letter for your first wife, and keep it tucked in your SO's docs. I wouldn't present it unless it was requested, however, I would be ready to do so, if the VO requires it.

I have read several posts, of VO's requiring letters pertaining to former US spouses.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)
And make sure your fiancee can field the questions about both divorces (dates, reasons, etc.).

That's a very good point.