Got NVC case number for CR1, what's the next step?

Have you seen the timelines of other CR-1 applicants?

Timelines

From what I can make out, it looks like 3 - 4 weeks after P4 is received, you could have your interview. Although this may not be a hard and fast rule, it isn't uncommon.

Jingjing and I haven't been using the documents sent in the packets. We've been downloading them off of the Guangzhou Consulate website, preparing them a head of time - that way, we're able to mail the needed information back, the day after receiving our packet.

For more information, visit the GUZ Con website:

Forms and Packets - U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou

Hi all,

What do I need to do next after receiving the NVC case number? I know i have to pay $70 and fill out DS-3032, but what else I need to do/ or attach to it? Thanks

Hi .. I am curious. Why so long between NOA-2 and getting your NVC case number?

Actually I got the NVC number for a while already...maybe back on may or something. I paused the process my wife doesn't got her passport at that time, but she got it. And I have forgotten what to do next.

I just checked my payment status on www.immigrantvisas.state.gov, it shows my AOS $70 still in process, but it allows me to pay that $400 IV Fee. Is that mean they have received my wife's ds3032? Can I go ahead to pay that 400 now even the $70 still in process?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked my payment status on www.immigrantvisas.state.gov, it shows my AOS $70 still in process, but it allows me to pay that $400 IV Fee. Is that mean they have received my wife's ds3032? Can I go ahead to pay that 400 now even the $70 still in process?

Thanks

Hey Rick... I see two things you did which I want to clarify any issue arose or not:

1. You paid the $70 fee before actually getting the GZO #. Did that produce any issues?

2. Did you try to pay the $400 while the AOS $70 was still processing or did you wait till it was done or some notification occurred? I see you mention that the online system appears to let you do it.

So, I guess I'm trying to see if you stumbled across any 'shortcuts'...

Thanks

Hey Rick... I see two things you did which I want to clarify any issue arose or not:

1. You paid the $70 fee before actually getting the GZO #. Did that produce any issues?

2. Did you try to pay the $400 while the AOS $70 was still processing or did you wait till it was done or some notification occurred? I see you mention that the online system appears to let you do it.

In answer to #2: I paid both yesterday. The online system had both of them available and states you can pay them both but you have to pay them one at a time.

Thanks

In answer to #2: I paid both yesterday. The online system had both of them available and states you can pay them both but you have to pay them one at a time.

Did you pay these before or after you got a GZO #?

So, what was your order/sequence in terms of:

1. Opt in email to who?

2. Sending DS-2032 to who?

3. Pay fees

4. get GZO #.

I assume next is I-864 and then DS-230+Docs ?

------

Rick, still like to see your sequence of events too <_<

Thanks

Did you pay these before or after you got a GZO #?

So, what was your order/sequence in terms of:

1. Opt in email to who?

2. Sending DS-2032 to who?

3. Pay fees

4. get GZO #.

I assume next is I-864 and then DS-230+Docs ?

------

Rick, still like to see your sequence of events too :P

Hey David see my post of my sequence of events on the other thread.

To be honest I do not know what the f&*k is next. The process is still new and depneding on who you talk to and where you look you get conflicting information. I do know that you cannot get case status of the electronic NVC case number from the NVC automated system. Once you go electronic you only can communicate with NVCGuz via email.

On the bright side, I got another contract extension so I have 9 more months here in China. I would hope than within 21 months I can get my wife her visa. Almost to 1-Year now for the visa anniversary. I do not think the party will be as fun as our 1-Year wedding anniversary party :D