brazil police cert. saga

Just got a letter from lawyer in Brazil.They said they can get the federal police certificate with power of attorney but that the state certificate requires fingerprints and must be done in person (no POA).They did say we could request one from the brazil embassy in china.
So weigh in folks:
1.If I can get the State from the embassy does that mean I can get the fed as well?
2.would getting the fed only be cause for rejection in GZ ?
3.Is there any chance of working with the embassy over the phone or e-maiil, or is a personal trip a must?

I suggest she calls the Brazillian embassy in China and talk with them as what they can do.

Also the Brazilian Embassy or Consulate my do the fingerprinting too.

I know this is a total different country, but I had a Japan police cert saga thread somewhere.

The Japanese consulate took the fingerprints at the GUZ consulate, so try to ask if it can be done there.

The most important thing I learned was standing your ground. If the Brazillian consulate is anything like the Japanese, they really just "don't feel like doing it". This means problems for you. The best thing you can do is have your lucky lady keep insisting on getting help from the consulate.

I know this can take money, but if one consulate or the Embassy will not do it, try another one. We tried the Japanese Embassy 4 times (and failed the same amount of times) then went to the GUZ consulate. It took us two tries in GUZ and they finally gave in saying they could do it.

Trust me when I say I know pretty much how you feel. It should not be this hard. We had all the paperwork from the P2 and P3 stating that we need to have the certs from any place lived. Even seeing that, the Japanese did not want to help us. We really had to work on them.

I know it may be difficult, but is there really no way that she can go to Brazil? My husband considered going to Japan to get the cert himself, and in the end we were just about to apply for the visa before the GUZ consulate gave in. If she (or you, if you are willing) can afford it, it might be path that causes the least grief. And if you can go together it might be a fun vacation...?

P.S.

Something I just thought about is trying to find other people who have gone through this process as well.

I am thinking that maybe here at CFL there might not be anyone who had problems getting a Brazillian police certificate, but there may be others with similar problems at other sites like visajourney where there are more people from other countries. Networking can be a great way to find someone who might be able to give you a new idea that will work better than what we have suggested.

Good luck!