petition is at NVC

Okay, i am a bit confused as to who supposed to fill out what form. i just got a letter saying my approved petition will be forward to the appropriate visa-issuing post within a week. my question is, who suppose to fill out what form in "packet 3"?? if "packet 3" is going to my fiance to be filled out, why is the "affidavit of support" in packet 3??.

also, what is P4?? is P4 what you need to gather up to be reviewed during the interview??

You the US citizen petitioner fills out I-134 and send it along with financial evidence to your fiancee for visa interview, the consulate puts on in P3 as a courtesy, but foreign citizen is not filling this form out.

P3 docs needing to be sent back to Guangzhou are DS-230 part 1, and OF-169.

P-4 is the invitation packet, it contains forms like medical forms, and invitation letter.

MORE: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Fillable I-134 http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf

The directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

Guest Pommey

Okay, i am a bit confused as to who supposed to fill out what form. i just got a letter saying my approved petition will be forward to the appropriate visa-issuing post within a week. my question is, who suppose to fill out what form in "packet 3"?? if "packet 3" is going to my fiance to be filled out, why is the "affidavit of support" in packet 3??.

also, what is P4?? is P4 what you need to gather up to be reviewed during the interview??

Really you should be filling in the forms together.

good luck

The P3 and P4 get mailed to her... so the balls in her court for the most part.

The P3 docs to return (mentioned above) need to be at least signed by her, if not filled out by her (meaning, you can fill it out and she signs).

The OF-169 will spell out what she needs to collect, but she can return it now and start collecting them.. Just check off the applicable items that will be collected.

The I-134 is for you... Just download one (link above). so you fill it out and return to her.

• 3 weeks later...