My K-1 GUZ experience

ricaltman

Hey Ricaltman, any news on your visa ? :huh:

No, she got her approval letter September 22 and still no visa. I faxed them ten days ago and emailed five days ago and nothing.

I checked the EMS website a few minutes ago and the visa has been picked up at the consulate. Finally!!! I hope no more surprises.

Congratulations! It seems like every once in a while, they just feel like inflicting this brand of absolute cruelty on their customer(s).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, she got her approval letter September 22 and still no visa. I faxed them ten days ago and emailed five days ago and nothing.

I checked the EMS website a few minutes ago and the visa has been picked up at the consulate. Finally!!! I hope no more surprises.

very pleased for you both, good news :)

Anyone? Does anyone know what the warning not to open the Visa Packet means? Is her passport separate from the Visa Packet in the package from EMS?

Anyone? Does anyone know what the warning not to open the Visa Packet means? Is her passport separate from the Visa Packet in the package from EMS?

yes seperate, dont open the packet

It is an envelope inside an envelope, you can safely open the package delivered by the post office, and remove the 2 items, the passport, and the immigrations packet, do not open the immigrations packet.

Hey Ricaltman, any news on your visa ? :P

Yeah, that's hard to misinterpret. The packet contains your file - you are carrying it from the consulate to the USCIS (turned in at the POE). They don't want any indication of tampering.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)