police cert. Brazil

I am a bit confused on weather I need a federal police certificate or if I also will need a state certificate in Brazil.The Lawyer I am talking to also does not know this.So far the best price I have found for this in Brazil is 1000$

I am a bit nervous that he wants all money up front.

Someday I will use this as a very expensive piece of toilet paper.

Some people here have said they think I can get this from the Brazil consulate in China.Does anyone know if this is actually a fact?

All my research say's no.

Kimo

Police Records

Certificates of Good Conduct (Atestados de Bons Antecedentes) related to possible violations of state law are available to persons 18 years of age and older from the Secretaria de Seguranca Publica in each of Brazil's states. Atestados related to possible violations of federal law are available to persons 18 years of age and older from any station (Delegacia) of the National Police (Policia Federal). Criminal records in Brazil are expunged five years after any sentence has been served.

Because each state maintains a separate database of violations of state law, a prospective immigrant must obtain a separate record from the Secretaria de Seguranca Publica of each state in which he or she has resided within the past five years. Additionally, a prospective immigrant must obtain a record from the Policia Federal, since state police records do not include violations of federal law.

For addresses or telephone numbers of Secretarias de Seguranca Publica and Delegacias de Policia Federal an applicant may contact the immigrant visa unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro or access the consulate¡¯s website at: http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br . Federal Certificates are also available through the internet as are some State police certificates. If the applicant is residing outside Brazil, it is highly unlikely that he/she will get the Police certificate (only if he/she has someone with a power of attorney to apply on his/her behalf and if the applicant¡¯s Brazilian ID card was issued by the specific state from which the certificate is being requested).

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3521.html

So at least 2 reports, one from the state resided in, and another from the federal.

Hopefully this will help. I found this post on another forum

POLICE RECORD

Certificates of Good Conduct (Atestados de Bons Antecedentes) related to

possible violations of state law are available to persons over the age of 18

from the Secretaria de Seguranca Publica in each of Brazil's states (and the

Distrito Federal). Atestados related to possible violations of federal law

are available to persons over the age of 18 from any station (Delegacia) of

the National Police (Policia Federal). Criminal records in Brazil are

expunged five years after any sentence has been served.

Because each state maintains a separate database of violations of state law,

a prospective immigrant must obtain a separate record from the Secretaria de

Seguranca Publica of each state in which he or she has resided within the

past five years. Additionally, a prospective immigrant must obtain a record

from the Policia Federal, since state police records do not include

violations of federal law.

For addresses or telephone numbers of Secretarias de Seguranca Publica, an

applicant may call the immigrant visa unit of the U.S. Consular General in

Rio de Janeiro. If a state's Secretaria refuses to provide an Atestado to

an applicant, he or she may request the assistance of the Rio IV unit.

Hopefully this will help. I found this post on another forum

POLICE RECORD

Certificates of Good Conduct (Atestados de Bons Antecedentes) related to

possible violations of state law are available to persons over the age of 18

from the Secretaria de Seguranca Publica in each of Brazil's states (and the

Distrito Federal). Atestados related to possible violations of federal law

are available to persons over the age of 18 from any station (Delegacia) of

the National Police (Policia Federal). Criminal records in Brazil are

expunged five years after any sentence has been served.

Because each state maintains a separate database of violations of state law,

a prospective immigrant must obtain a separate record from the Secretaria de

Seguranca Publica of each state in which he or she has resided within the

past five years. Additionally, a prospective immigrant must obtain a record

from the Policia Federal, since state police records do not include

violations of federal law.

For addresses or telephone numbers of Secretarias de Seguranca Publica, an

applicant may call the immigrant visa unit of the U.S. Consular General in

Rio de Janeiro. If a state's Secretaria refuses to provide an Atestado to

an applicant, he or she may request the assistance of the Rio IV unit.

Did you copy and past post #2 above?? :blink: :D http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=516485

Ooops I did not even search on CFL. I found this some where else and cut and paste from there.

Should have known you would know that :D

The place to look is the reciprocity tables on travel.state.gov

Ooops I did not even search on CFL. I found this some where else and cut and paste from there.

Should have known you would know that :D

The place to look is the reciprocity tables on travel.state.gov

question is Dan, shes chinese not a USC so will the USA iv unit in Brazil or here really help her, I doubt it . Doesnt matter what reciprocity USA has with Brazil, more about what China has with Brazil she is a citizen of PRC.

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

question is Dan, shes chinese not a USC so will the USA iv unit in Brazil or here really help her, I doubt it .

Nope, will need to deal with the Brazilian consulate or Embassy, but more than likely will need to work with someone that is in Brazil (Give them power of attorney, so that they can get the required certs in Brazil)

question is Dan, shes chinese not a USC so will the USA iv unit in Brazil or here really help her, I doubt it .

Nope, will need to deal with the Brazilian consulate or Embassy, but more than likely will need to work with someone that is in Brazil (Give them power of attorney, so that they can get the required certs in Brazil)

yes as I posted before they need to contact in Brazillian embassy in China, thats where she lives, then if necessary a lawyer in Brazil.

I am assuming she was there legally of course, then you should be able to get something from Brazil. If not ?

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

Yep, this is the conclusion I have come to as well.Apparently there are 2 kinds of POA one can be done via fed ex the other must be in person,which of course takes us back to the begining of the circle.

Yep, this is the conclusion I have come to as well.Apparently there are 2 kinds of POA one can be done via fed ex the other must be in person,which of course takes us back to the begining of the circle.

POA ?