Ex-wife was from the Philipines.

They may know nothing of your "ex" nationality and circumstance... but the VO may simply ask questions about her... you can see where different questions and answers could begin to raise some question to a VO.

Don't bring it up. Only answer as needed.

Yeah this is my plan. I saw nothing on the form asking about ex-wife country of origin. I figured since I had nothing to do with brining her here it would not matter.

Robert

"...Expect some questions; ergo, make sure your SO tends to know more than the VO..."

But its also fair to assume that you haven't discussed your former marriage in great detail with our current wife or fiance'

She should be prepared to say, yes, he was formerly married, and I know the basics: ( Name of wife, length of marriage, date of divorce, children if any, other specific details that a SO should reveal to a new partner----but thats it.) The VO has the divorce record....

"...Expect some questions; ergo, make sure your SO tends to know more than the VO..."

But its also fair to assume that you haven't discussed your former marriage in great detail with our current wife or fiance'

She should be prepared to say, yes, he was formerly married, and I know the basics: ( Name of wife, length of marriage, date of divorce, children if any, other specific details that a SO should reveal to a new partner----but thats it.) The VO has the divorce record....

very true.

Although past interviews have asked the SO emotional questions about the "ex"; "Why did he divorce her?" and a blue slip for her address.

This assumes more than the basics.

This is my take......about any petition....so take this as you will...

Simply my humble opinion about the entire visa process.

If you have nothing to hide then DON'T hide IT!

Yes, you run the risk of bringing up a red flag that may have not been there......BUT guess what, if you have a red flag that the VO discovers on his/her own and you do not mention it, what KIND OF A RED FLAG is this???

Your situation is simple, so simply state in your EOR to cover your bases. Save her some grief and inform her. Plus, she should know your EOR. Most of the pointed questions that the VO will ask will come from the EOR -- unless they find something on their OWN.

And the only reason I post this is that another petitioner, I believe last month or so, posted that she was shocked about BLUE. She believed she supplied what was "required/asked for" basically the "minimum" and got a less than favorable result.

Her "reasoning/excuse" was that to her knowledge, it (EOR) was not specifically asked for.

Buying into the thought (and to me lazy thought) that do nothing more than you believe should be done.....don't go the extra mile.

And we are talking about your FIANCEE/WIFE'S VISA here.

For me that does not cut it. Of course after you submit your petition -- If the Consulate has questions, then provide them only what they ask for....."extras" now is looked at as a bad thing...and simply not ANSWERING THE QUESTION...not to be overly harsh or cynical...ergo some politicians/beauty contestants...so you get the idea.

And I believe, she went to China on a student visa, so she should be smarter than that, so I did not waste my time responding....plus she already had her BLUE....lesson learned.

A GOOD EOR is like a research paper and resume combined into ONE. It requires a lot of effort to do it well, since it is your only chance to write about yourself (including past) and your relationship addressing any potential red flags that you discover from doing your research on this process.....

Also my take is that YOUR PETITION IS YOUR INTERVIEW especially since in China, you cannot attend the interview...as well as ACH/ACS if you do attend....so I personally would treat it as such.

Basically, your first chance to succeed or fail.....

Her interview will generally put the nail in it....

And if you have done a so/so job on the petition/preparation and thus a BLUE, a chance to OVERCOME, basically.......THREE STRIKES.....

My recommendation is TO HIT THE FIRST PITCH....

You know what the VO is looking for...........FRAUD

So you know what your burden IS and what you are swinging at.

Hope this helps....

And the simplest way to look at this visa process for an anology is thinking SMOKE DETECTOR.......

A huge flame (smoke) and that baby is going off........

Your job is to keep the smoke to as little as possible. Since there are so many things that could cause a potential puff of smoke.

Keep the fires burning in your relationship not the visa process and you will be just fine :D

Good luck!!!