Here in Guangzhou

ACH is for questions. Wishing you good luck!!!!

Yep, ACS is American Citizen Services, they can help you with notarizing things, register the birth of a child, issue a marriageability cert if planning on marriage in China, Renew passports, or replace a lost passport.

ACH is American Citizen Hour, it is held in the visa interview lobby Monday afternoons, here you are talking with immigrations officers, they can discuss immigrations cases, and answer immigrations related questions.

He won't be able to go to ACH until after the interview. :( I had the same problem with a Monday interview.

Maybe a better approach would have been to have the EOR notarized, and while the CO is looking at the file, just ask a confirmatory question like "Oh, the appointment is such and such, right?"

If it was me I would have said, "OK, then let me speak to your supervisor, the Chief of Immigrant Services." But, that is just me, too stubborn for my own good sometimes.

To continue editorializing a bit more, I cannot fathom why they couldn't answer such a simple question.

He won't be able to go to ACH until after the interview. :( I had the same problem with a Monday interview.

Maybe a better approach would have been to have the EOR notarized, and while the CO is looking at the file, just ask a confirmatory question like "Oh, the appointment is such and such, right?"

If it was me I would have said, "OK, then let me speak to your supervisor, the Chief of Immigrant Services." But, that is just me, too stubborn for my own good sometimes.

To continue editorializing a bit more, I cannot fathom why they couldn't answer such a simple question.

agree, its all about a smart approach, think it through guys