MSN chat logs.

Someone said to print up a chat log showing allof our chats then include a few chats from each week\month. I will do this but my question is how do I see the chat log?

When I go into MSN messenger I can find our chat history and that is our whole chat conversation but no log listing each chat time. Do I make this myself? Or am I looking inthe wrong spot?

Robert

MSN is a bad choice. Yahoo would be better. You can highlight the first few lines of each conversation, copy, and paste to notepad or word processor. Yes this takes time but you got plenty, right? :D

Lol I just printed out all of our chat loges from 08/12-09/20..... Only 128 pages of very small type.

I think I will give her all of it it can serve to Bulk up the amount of physical paper she brings in and I will find a way to just print the chat times and dates from here on out. I will also like you said print out a few chat logs each month as well as the Emails.

I even started just calling her on the phone and having her put the phone down on the desk while we chat in MSN. So we have proof we can talk to each other.

I am blown away by how much better the sound is on MSN then over the phone. I really hope they do more to allow MSN and like services to be more acceptable as forms of Proof.

Robert

MSN is a bad choice. Yahoo would be better. You can highlight the first few lines of each conversation, copy, and paste to notepad or word processor. Yes this takes time but you got plenty, right? :D

Lol I just printed out all of our chat loges from 08/12-09/20..... Only 128 pages of very small type.

I think I will give her all of it it can serve to Bulk up the amount of physical paper she brings in and I will find a way to just print the chat times and dates from here on out. I will also like you said print out a few chat logs each month as well as the Emails.

I even started just calling her on the phone and having her put the phone down on the desk while we chat in MSN. So we have proof we can talk to each other.

I am blown away by how much better the sound is on MSN then over the phone. I really hope they do more to allow MSN and like services to be more acceptable as forms of Proof.

Robert

Be sure and get screen shots of you two using the webcams. Bulk is not as important as the quality of what you have. You need to convince the VO that you two can communicate and have been. If the VO requests evidence of this at the interview then he will not have time to look at bulks of paper. You chat sessions need to be solid proof that you two can communicate. Chances are the VO will look at just a few and then maybe ask a few questions.

Robert

Be sure and get screen shots of you two using the webcams. Bulk is not as important as the quality of what you have. You need to convince the VO that you two can communicate and have been. If the VO requests evidence of this at the interview then he will not have time to look at bulks of paper. You chat sessions need to be solid proof that you two can communicate. Chances are the VO will look at just a few and then maybe ask a few questions.

How do I do a screen shot of us chatting? One that has both of our webcam pictures?

Someone said to print up a chat log showing allof our chats then include a few chats from each week\month. I will do this but my question is how do I see the chat log?

When I go into MSN messenger I can find our chat history and that is our whole chat conversation but no log listing each chat time. Do I make this myself? Or am I looking inthe wrong spot?

Robert

take screen shots of you chatting on web cam, its better.

Robert

How do I do a screen shot of us chatting? One that has both of our webcam pictures?

While you two are chatting and have the webcams on, push and hold the Ctrl button then hit the PrtSc button. After that, open up your word processor, right click in body of letter, then click paste.

I had to click on the option for MSN to save the messages. I believe it is set not to save by default. I think yahoo or QQ is better for this. I think MSN saves it to a folder, can't seem to find mine at the moment. Yahoo you can copy paste and print the messages. QQ, well it helps if you know chinese. Ask wife about QQ, it is used a lot in china and has some great features.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of MSN either

I'm a Skype fan. You can export all of your calls using a nifty little program found here. (I haven't tested the call log software with the latest version of skype, but it does work with my version - 4.0.0.226. You can also use their extras, (Pamela) to record your phone conversations as an audio file.

This exports all of your Skype chat logs so you can print them out.

I also print several screens during a video chat. Easiest way (for me) to take a screen shot is to use the "print screen" key function, open up paint > edit > paste.

MSN Live - Chat log help

Link

I played around with MSN and took a look at my history. (My history folder is located in My Documents/My Received Files). I was able to click on a .xml link of our conversations - then print it out.

As far as timestamps are concerned. If you're using MSN Live, click options > Messages > "check" Show timestamps on messages.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

MSN is a bad choice. Yahoo would be better. You can highlight the first few lines of each conversation, copy, and paste to notepad or word processor. Yes this takes time but you got plenty, right? :)

MSN is actually better imo.

look for A-Patch to remove ads and other things(goes for Yahoo too)

http://www.msgplus.net/ for improved chat logging and other functions and plugin support..

this also logs when you start and stop video/voice chats... but not what is said/webcam..