Things I may want to take with me to China this trip.

Ok I am going to Nanchang on the 6th of October for 2 weeks. Anything I may want to take with me and give to her now? Im talking stuff that maybe needed for the interview. I think we will print out all of the chat logs from her laptop when I am there to save me carrying 500 sheets of paper in my bag.

Any Ideas on what else maybe a good idea?

Robert

Chat logs are not each individual chat sessions. You should be able to print out the chat log (shows number of times chatted and the times) on a few sheets of paper. Also, include approx 2 complete chat sessions per month. You will also want to update this to include the rest of the log up until the time of the interview.

Are you going to GZ for her interview?

Need more info...Where are you going? How long will you be there? Both of her parents still alive? Brothers? Sisters? Kids? Ages?

As far as paperwork goes, I would suggest that you leave all your receipts with her, airline ticket stubs, boarding passes. But make copies of them all for your own record keeping.

Also, take a camera and a SD card with at least 2 Gig of memory. Make sure your camera is set to date/time stamp the pictures. Download all the pictures on to her computer before you leave. But do not delete them from your camera. Bring them home and save them on your own computer, as well.

As far as stuff goes for your needs, take enough clothes for three days. She will make sure you have clean clothes one way or the other. Don't lug a bunch of crap you won't need. Save the space in your bag for gifts. I don;t know what size shirt you wear, but you will have problems finding anything over a size 52 if you want to buy clothes there. Shoes go up to size 11. No such thing as a boat with laces. Find out what things her parents, relatives like that are American and take some of those for them.

Ok I am going to Nanchang on the 6th of October for 2 weeks. Anything I may want to take with me and give to her now? Im talking stuff that maybe needed for the interview. I think we will print out all of the chat logs from her laptop when I am there to save me carrying 500 sheets of paper in my bag.

Any Ideas on what else maybe a good idea?

Robert

Save anything you might think is important for the interview. If she has a printer at home then it might be a good idea to print everything there. I like to print everything here in the states. I have no printer in china and paying 5 jiao per copy can add up. Chat logs, emails, birth certs, divorce certs, financial info, taxes, bank info, etc.. anything that may help. It's starting to get cold in some parts, so bring warm clothing and yes gifts, something small and from where you live. Many of my wifes family, friends and people I meet always like to see pictures of where I am from.

Edited by JonathanM (see edit history)