Wife Name Change

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

Well I saw the topic as far as name change for fiance, now what about when already married.

Getting ready to order new checks soon, and I am wondering what name I can put on the checks?? She has already taken an American name for here, but our wedding certificate is still in the old name.

Is there a problem obtaining an AOS when the name she files for AOS doesn't match the name on her passport or K1/K3 application? I've heard that they hassle you if you even move between the point of filing and the interview, so I imagine for a name change they would bring lead pipes to the interview..

Guest blsqueaky

Okay then so as to muddy the waters, K-3 was filed HU PeiLing, marriage certificate same name, passport same, so when I file AOS, I will just keep going with the norm, leave the name alone for now. Can always change later,

Ohhh dayum, more paperwork. Can always change the checks later. :( :lol:

Okay then so as to muddy the waters, K-3 was filed HU PeiLing, marriage certificate same name, passport same, so when I file AOS, I will just keep going with the norm, leave the name alone for now. Can always change later,

Ohhh dayum, more paperwork. Can always change the checks later. :lol:  :D

Will they let you put her name on the checking account without SSN? :lol:

Down here that's a no go. We tried it. :(

• 5 weeks later...

I have not suggested to either my wife or my daughter that they change their name to my name. I think it is cool the way a Chinese lady gets married but does not change her name. Maybe my daughter should think about changing her name, though, because her father's family name really does not work when transliterated to English, in pinyin they write it Qu which we would pronounce like "cue" but which in pinyin is supposed to be pronounced something that sounds like "chee." She could keep the letter Q as her middle initial. Her first name is a problem also, Jing, is not pronounced the way it looks but more like "Jen." For a while they both wanted me to give them English first names but they did not like the ones I picked for them because they had too many syllables.