Amy's Immunization shots

If Amy does not know what shots she had as a child will she have the full series MMR HEP 1 HEP 2 what are the side affects of having repeated shots from with she was a little girl ? where do I get them done at my HMO ?

Thanks

Michael-Sean

did yo get the shots at your own MD or did you go to the Medical place required by USCIS . '

Michael-Sean

did yo get the shots at your own MD or did you go to the Medical place required by USCIS . '

Michael-Sean

We got most of our shots at a local health department. A LOT cheaper and they of course give you records you can show at the required place. No probs. MMR, TD, etc. My wife did need MPV because she's 26 but the health department only gave that shot to kids. So that shot stung both of us! :(

If you have a couple of the required places to choose from, compare prices. I saved about 40 bucks that way.

Jon & Cindy

In our case we had the appropriate immigrations vaccinations for my wife's age done in Guangzhou at the medical center after her K-1 visa interview while waiting for the visa to show up at the post office.

The med center gave us a yellow book which we later used when adjusting status.

Vaccinations in China cost less that ones here in the USA.

My wife did need MPV because she's 26 but the health department only gave that shot to kids. So that shot stung both of us!

I seem to recall another post which mentioned that the HPV vaccine should only be given to women younger than 27. Can anyone confirm that women older than 26, who decide to get get vaccinated in China, will not be required to get the HPV vaccine?

CDC HPV Vaccine Site

My wife did need MPV because she's 26 but the health department only gave that shot to kids. So that shot stung both of us!

I seem to recall another post which mentioned that the HPV vaccine should only be given to women younger than 27. Can anyone confirm that women older than 26, who decide to get get vaccinated in China, will not be required to get the HPV vaccine?

CDC HPV Vaccine Site

The medical center in China knows what is required and what is not, they will not vaccinate for things that are not required by age.

At what point does she even need shots? We just arrived here in the states and we will get married next month and apply for the SSN the following month but she keeps asking me when she needs them.

They are required BEFORE you file the I-485 to adjust status, you will need to attach an I-693 (Vaccination Record only) to the AOS package. The I-693 needs to be compleated by a US Civil Surgeon.

Do your homework, read the instructions included with form I-693, and if the doctor insists on a full medical, you will need to bring out the forms directions and point out that a K-Visa holder does NOT need a medical if the medical for visa was less than a year prior to filing I-485. I had to do this, fee went from $300 down to $30 to do the record, we had the vaccinations done in China before leaving Guangzhou, they gave us a yellow book that we then present to US doctor for transfer to I-693.

I caLLED MY HMO ( GROUP HEALTH CO OP ) They will do the shots for Amy . ( MMR TB ) they have the little yellow book for record her shots . I then take it to the C.S. ( civil Surgeon ) with the I-693 and give them 50 clams and al is done and I can file

Amy's I-485 and she can soon start working to help out the hiouse hold

Michael-Sean