No interview?

My wife told me after our biometrics trip to New Orleans for the green card that if we get a notice in the mail saying our case is transferred to California, it's usually a sign that we will not be asked for an interview. :blink:

Is that true? :blink:

Because she was hopping up and down today because we got a notice saying exactly that. B)

If wife entered by K-1, then more than likely approval without interview, if by K-3, then probably simple load balancing, I have yet to see a K-3 get AOS approval without an interview.

I have also seen K-1 get transferred to CSC and the adjudicator at CSC decide an interview is needed, and send it to field office for interview.

But in K-1 cases transfer usually means no interview, in our case this is what happened.

My wife told me after our biometrics trip to New Orleans for the green card that if we get a notice in the mail saying our case is transferred to California, it's usually a sign that we will not be asked for an interview. :P

Is that true? :P

Because she was hopping up and down today because we got a notice saying exactly that. B)

You have to take your interview in California... ;)

My wife told me after our biometrics trip to New Orleans for the green card that if we get a notice in the mail saying our case is transferred to California, it's usually a sign that we will not be asked for an interview. :P

Is that true? :P

Because she was hopping up and down today because we got a notice saying exactly that. ;)

You have to take your interview in California... ;)

Yep! Just a short drive over interstate 10! B)

If wife entered by K-1, then more than likely approval without interview, if by K-3, then probably simple load balancing, I have yet to see a K-3 get AOS approval without an interview.

I have also seen K-1 get transferred to CSC and the adjudicator at CSC decide an interview is needed, and send it to field office for interview.

But in K-1 cases transfer usually means no interview, in our case this is what happened.

That seems strange since, if I am not mistaken, both K-1 and K-3 get an interview in China so what is the difference.

K-1 fiancee- not always interview for AOS, but you will get it for removal of conditions(ROC) if not.

K-3- wife- interview for AOS but not on ROC . Also if married 2 years before. AOS thats the only thing as no ROC

my take on it

K-1 fiancee- not always interview for AOS, but you will get it for removal of conditions(ROC) if not.

K-3- wife- interview for AOS but not on ROC . Also if married 2 years before. AOS thats the only thing as no ROC

my take on it

Sorry, but I don't really follow what you are saying. Don't K-1 and K-3 both get an interview in China. Both can stay for two years before more paper work. Seems like very little difference.

my take on it

Sorry, but I don't really follow what you are saying. Don't K-1 and K-3 both get an interview in China. Both can stay for two years before more paper work. Seems like very little difference.

Yep it is a bit ODD how USCIS handles K-3, however K-3 is a hybrid visa its original intent was to reunite a couple waiting a LONG time for I-130 approval, USCIS considers the consulate interview to be the level for a visitor's visa (K-3 visit for I-130 approval) so in theory and in some countries the consulate is not as concerned with bonafide relationship because they know the K-3 WILL later interview for a spousal visa or interview for their adjustment.

In the case of K-1, this visa has only one path, enter the USA marry and adjust status, the consulate knows this so in theory will be more critical and interview more for relationship, USCIS also knows this and assumes the consulate was thorough perhaps sees this in the notes turned over in the immigrations packet, and in many cases determines no interview is needed.