Mid-Autumn Festival Plans?

I make moon cakes for each Mid-Autumn Festival. It takes much more time than making a common meal. I don't eat much myself no matter how delicious those moon cakes are because I don't want to be fat. I make moon cakes to give away to neighbours. It is a way to inherit and show around the Chinese culture, not just "eat". As Feather(Jim) says, we celebrate a special day not to just feed our mouth. There are significant meanings that we should memorize and tell our next generations.

I have been given deer meat(hunted by neighbour selves), strawberry pie, cakes, etc, by nice neighbours which they made by themselves. I have returned fried dumplings, egg rolls, moon cakes. These food look beautiful and inviting, can show Chinese culture well. Actually, when I came back USA from visiting China, I used to buy artistic chopsticks to give away to neighbours and American friends on some special occassions. Of course, I only buy the good qualitied Chinese products and I would like to pay for the quality. I hate bad qualitied things.

Hey Dan,

What do you know about Wenzhang Cui ~? ---the designer of the U R mid-autumn festival poster----this is rather spectacular work..

Any info would be much appreciated...

Not much, looks like he set up the Blog but his profile is light.

http://www.blogger.com/profile/02696289850204967820

Last evening, we had a fairly impressive fireworks show. I think Wuhan had three different shows, one for each district. My wife and I took advantage of the nice weather and grilled out. . . couldn't find any pigeons :).

My father-in-law's birthday is this week, so we're going to head back to their place and celebrate with them, perhaps go fishing.

Other than that, I have nothing planned. Our school let us out for the October holiday, so I'm going to try to get our P3 turned in and watch some Seinfeld.