New Email Notices???

Just read a post from another user that reads...

<<I sent in my application on July 17th and received the P1 on July 24th. My wife just figured out how to sign up for email notice and how to check the USCIS website. We were talking about the P2 and I had just asked here if she checked the P2 status today and she said she did and there was no change. At that moment I heard her email inbox ring with a new email and she started up and down. She said she just got the notice from the USCIS that our application was approved.>>

How does one sign up for email notices and does it also notify package 3/4 approval? Anyone heard about this? Is this just for electronic filers?

btw, we are DCF from Beijing if that matters.

Just read a post from another user that reads...

<<I sent in my application on July 17th and received the P1 on July 24th. My wife just figured out how to sign up for email notice and how to check the USCIS website. We were talking about the P2 and I had just asked here if she checked the P2 status today and she said she did and there was no change. At that moment I heard her email inbox ring with a new email and she started up and down. She said she just got the notice from the USCIS that our application was approved.>>

How does one sign up for email notices and does it also notify package 3/4 approval? Anyone heard about this? Is this just for electronic filers?

btw, we are DCF from Beijing if that matters.

NO you wont here anything more from them, once you have P2 (approval) it moves to NVC and then GUZ, both of which are not USCIS, so no point to sign up now.