Different Baggage restrictions

I'm sure most airlines, especially international flights to and from china have similar rules. I have only ever used United (for my first leg) and Air China going to and they are pretty strict on the weight and how many bags you can take. United rules for Economy class are two checked bags 50 lbs each, one carry on and one personal item. Coming back from China, Air China counter representatives don't care so much about the weight, at least that has been my experience.

Does anyone know of any other airlines going to China that have a little more of a relaxed rule on baggage weight from the US?

Wow, according to that Luggage Forward web site it would cost $332 one way to send a bike along on a one-way trip to China. That would be so cool to go over there with a kick-ass super comfort beach cruiser right now if I had the time and the money and the bike and my wife would be willing to have me there with her on her yearly vacation in Dalian. Oh well, Dalian does not allow bikes anyway.

It does look like that would be something great to do for a person going over there to teach English to take their own bike with them. Of course I know that China is a land of bikes but I'm sure they are not heavy duty enough for me and my curb jumping style I had with my previous cruiser (which got burnt up in a barn fire). Hey, it would be $579 round trip for a surf board.

JonathanM - are you wanting to carry more weight? What, you are smuggling gold to China?

JonathanM - are you wanting to carry more weight? What, you are smuggling gold to China?

Only clothes made out of gold. The wife likes american clothes, very easy to buy for her, everything in xsmall. I was thinking about taking my collapsible bike back to the states. One of my favorite things to do is ride my bike in the streets of beijing and tianjin. I even rode my bike to beijing from tianjin with the wife on the back. I'm not all that in shape, it took all night.

Great website, I definitely will be using it. thanks :)

Edited by JonathanM (see edit history)