Looking for Cheap flights to Beijing

I usually try various web sites. Sometimes, travel agencies can do better.

The last time I looked (which was recently), Korean air had some of the best prices. But, from Chicago to Shenyang (the way we usually go) their itinerary was very bad.

Honestly, I'm really tired of the "I got a better deal on air tickets than you" game. It seems to be very prevalent among the Chinese people we know.

I've made the trip enough times to choose a good itinerary for a couple hundred more over a convoluted mess that's cheap - every time.

Sometimes United runs sales on flights to Beijing, they have direct flights to Beijing out of Chicago, and Washington DC, and other US ports.

What is the H1N1 situation like in Beijing, as far as inspections and detentions at the airports?

I expect it may be picking up again, with reports of outbreaks at schools here in the US.

When I left Beijing about 3 weeks ago it was the same when I arrived back in May. They just have the Termal imaging cameras taking your temperature. They take everyone's temperature before exiting the plane and then again 2 or 3 times more walking through the airport with cameras.

When I return shortly, I'm sure that things may have changed and they will start giving everyone the one dose H1N1 vaccine.