Charging Fees to review I-864

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

Received an email today from my wife's freind husband, goinig thru CR-1, and he states that he received package from BCIS to send back check for $65.00 to review his I-864 and when received they will send hime the form and other documents.

I question him on this, and he sent me the web site, and it was the State Consular web site, and not the BCIS site. Is something going on here. The actual site was www.travel.state.gov. :P :lol:

Received an email today from my wife's freind husband, goinig thru CR-1, and he states that he received package from BCIS to send back check for $65.00 to review his I-864 and when received they will send hime the form and other documents.

I question him on this, and he sent me the web site, and it was the State Consular web site, and not the BCIS site. Is something going on here. The actual site was www.travel.state.gov. :P  :lol:

The I-864 package is sent by NVC. NVC is under the State departments jurisdiction. The fee is 65 dollars. After NVC receives this fee they will send out the immigration fee bill. this is 335 dollars.

I think BCIS could use a fact sheet.

First Describe the process:

BCIS --> NVC --> Ship to Embassy --> Embassy P3 --> P4 --> Interview --> Visa

And, Describe the fees:

$110 + $100 + $65 + $335 (then what comes next?)

And, of course, more money for dependent children.

It seems as if they are deliberately keeping people in the dark about processing times and fees (of course, the biggest fees come last).

If they really want the "system" to discourage some people from applying, wouldn't it make more sense to tell them that the visa costs over $610, and could to take up to a year and a half to issue, rather than telling them that it costs $110, and will be done in 70 to 90 days?

----- Clifford -----

Guest blsqueaky

This is really something. You know you look at the BCIS web site, forms and fees, and as far as the !-134 and the I-864, it says no fee, and then another group says yes fee.

Now as far as the K-3, I thought that we filled out I-134 and not the 864.

I will also be honest here, the is the first that I have heard about the $335 fee. I will say that in everything that I have read, I have not seen that, or maybe I just missed it.

This is really something. You know you look at the BCIS web site, forms and fees, and as far as the !-134 and the I-864, it says no fee, and then another group says yes fee.

I will also be honest here, the is the first that I have heard about the $335 fee. I will say that in everything that I have read, I have not seen that, or maybe I just missed it.

How I understand it is that K3 only files the 134 which is no fee. The other costs are the Visa which is aprox. $105USD. I can't remember the other fees at this time, but I think the $335USD is after your wife comes to the US and files AOS. There is also a fee for finger printing which is also after she arrives. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Bryan

How I understand it is that K3 only files the 134 which is no fee. The other costs are the Visa which is aprox. $105USD. I can't remember the other fees at this time, but I think the $335USD is after your wife comes to the US and files AOS. There is also a fee for finger printing which is also after she arrives. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Bryan

We are K3.

BCIS approved my I-130 petition in July. Since then I have paid the $65 fee for the I-864 AOS, the Immigration Fee Bill (CR1) of $335 and now NVC mailed the DS-230 package to me just last week(P3). Hell, I'm not making all this up!!...You "P3 Pit Crew ppl",,,eat your heart out!!

Now it is my turn to make NVC wait awhile!!......lol. At this point, I am in no hurry to mail it, instead I will just wait until my wife gets here in 10 days and then she can sign it and then I will mail it! I guess the next step would be the interview date for CR1 visa (P4). The only thing that bothers me it that she will be here in the States and the interview wouldn't or couldn't be at GZ. I assume NVC is aware of this.

You prior people......what happens here? Where will the interview be held at? That is my question!,,,thanks

Guest blsqueaky

Hello Don,

Let me see if I have this correct, wife arrives here in I hope 8-10 months on K-3, then in about another 6-8 months when we here from NVC regarding the 130, approved, then I would take her to the local Cleveland BCIS off for another interview, other than the one she had in GZ to come here.

Now I also will have to do the 134 for the interview in GZ, and then the 864 when she arrives here??

Is this sounding right??

Thanks for the help

Guest blsqueaky

Okay Don, popped the big red button so fast, the truck is still shaking.

Okay, so I will just continue on with what I am doing, the K-3, and just deal with Cleveland when she gets here. I know that they are not hard to deal with.

This seems to make it alot easier, and still have plenty of time to save that additional $$ for filing fees.

Plus this will give me a good excuse to go to Cleveland and party some. :lol:

The fee is 65 dollars. After NVC receives this fee they will send out the immigration fee bill. this is 335 dollars.

So they are charging you to be able to charge you? :(

In a manner of speaking...exactly! :lol:

Thanks for your insight on this, Don.

I chose se_lang's and Mick's quote because right now it is the only thing that makes any sense to me! I am totally baffled by this now!

In the beginning, there was I-130. Before one could file for the newly created K3 one has to include a copy of the I-130 receipt notice with the "borrowed" Petition for Alien Fianc'e(e) form I-129f. BCIS says to use the I-129f until a petition is created specifically for K3.

The very definition and creation of the K3 is to quickly bring families of USC together while they wait for the long process of immigration to conclude. Also, from what I've read, is that any children under the age of 21 of the K3 visa holder has to have an I-130 filed on their behalf by the USC. BCIS recommends filing it way in advance of their 21st birthday due to the long process time.

This question about this conflict of I-130/K3 visa has always been in the back of my mind but now that it is here upon me now, I definitley need to investigate it further. I hate to think I have paid money for nothing!...lol, just when you thinke you're out of the woods...POW*!,,,right in the kisser!.... :P

Thanks again for the info!

Guest blsqueaky

Well this is getting clearer and clearer. But one thing I do not understand is why the medical forms, since when you marry in China, you get one very exhaustive physical before you can even marry. Can not that same physcal be used instead of paying for another one, or is this just anoher way to get money??

Now I also wonder, if there has eer been a case where someone doing a K-3, wife arrives, files AOS, and while waiting for this process, the 130 get approved in the same time line and GZ sets up interview date??

I would think that once you file AOS, then the I-130 would be terminated.