NEED HELP QUICK FOR NEW VISA

my 6 month single entry visa expires september 26 and I will have to go to Hong Kong to get another one.

do you know if this same visa can be got in Hong Kong and where and for what price. this is the only visa

china has that you can stay longer than 30 day stay at one time.

Not true, you can get at least a 60 day multiple entry visa good for two years. My wife has one.

Yep, the visa application form does have boxes to check for multi entry, and specify longer stays.

http://www.oasischinavisa.com/forms/China_...cation_Form.pdf

However it is up to the visa issuing officer to decide stay lengths and entry count.

In warpedboard's case, wife has family in China so can justify a multi-entry 60 day visa. In OP's case he has only a fiancee in China, so may be restricted to a 6 month 2 entry 30 day visa as a visitor.

Not true, you can get at least a 60 day multiple entry visa good for two years. My wife has one.

Yep, the visa application form does have boxes to check for multi entry, and specify longer stays.

However it is up to the visa issuing officer to decide stay lengths and entry count.

In warpedboard's case, wife has family in China so can justify a multi-entry 60 day visa. In OP's case he has only a fiancee in China, so may be restricted to a 6 month 2 entry 30 day visa as a visitor.

me = confused!!

OP (okie) has been in China longer than 30 days. Will stay longer than 30 days . What does the 30 day mean?

me = confused!!

OP (okie) has been in China longer than 30 days. Will stay longer than 30 days . What does the 30 day mean?

It means that the maximum allowed stay is 30 days, then will need to leave China perhaps to HK and then re-enter, or see about extending the stay another 30 days at the local PSB.

This is for work visa, you are "Visiting" China, so should be treated like anyone who just got off of a plane in HK and is wishing to visit China.

thanks Dan

thanks dan

Edited by okie2 (see edit history)

DAN 2 30 DAY STAYS IS NOT 6 MONTHS

Since I have been in china for the period of 3 6 month visas single entry you can only get 2 more visas after entering china after the first one without leaving china this is my case now so I have to leave china to get a new one. But this is what has me worried now this is from the chinese embassy in hong kong

--------visa applicants are increasing in a large number and need longer waiting time in the visa office recently. If you don't reside or work in Hong Kong permanently, you are required to apply Chinese visa from the Embassy or Consulate-General of Peoples' Republic of China in your resident country. You are welcome to China for tourism, business and visit.

So tomorrow I will find what I can or can not do. I sure hope I don't have to return to the USA just to get a visa and come right back.

I have been told by visa services that different consulates are more lenient in lengths of stay for multiple entry visas. San Francisco doesn't like to issue them for longer than 30 days where as Washington DC will usually approve a 60 day stay. We went through DC on our last visit.

I have been told by visa services that different consulates are more lenient in lengths of stay for multiple entry visas. San Francisco doesn't like to issue them for longer than 30 days where as Washington DC will usually approve a 60 day stay. We went through DC on our last visit.

Good point!

One visa service that uses DC is Oasis Visa service, I have used them several times for Chinese Visas.

http://www.oasischinavisa.com/tourist_visa.html