AOS interview rescheduling

Today, I went with my hus to our Info Pass appointment to change his AOS interview date at the Seattle local office. We got to speak with a very nice officer who helped us to send an e-mail over to the NY office (where our interview s/ take place). The officer took down our phone # and wrote us a little note w/ his signature stating we were there for inquiries. Though, we are now waiting for NY's reply, but we felt better that we have done everything we could, including opening a case w/ the USICS rep through their 1-800 #, sent NY office a request letter w/ dr note, went to Info Pass appt and explained our situation w/ the officer face to face.

The office in Seattle told us that normally to reschedule an AOS appt is possible during Info, if the reason is acceptable. He said, usually he would look up their appt time and just place the applicant to the next available one. A print out will usually be given on that day w/ an actual notice in the mail later.

Since our case involves with the NY office, Seattle can only help us sent an-mail to them to follow up on rescheduling a new date for us. Though, we don't know how efficient the NY office is, at least we have a proof in hand that an e-mail request was sent from the Seattle office.

When I hear from INS, I will post the update.