Interview and visa

I've been told that in 1-2 months an interview date will be set.

Edit: K-1 visa process

If the interview goes well, how soon after that will she receive the visa?

If she does get the visa, how long after that must she leave for the US? (is it within 30 days?)

I'm trying to figure out if I should fly there for her interview hoping to fly her back shortly (within a week) after the interview, or if I should wait for her to get the visa before making flight arrangements, because I can't really fly to China every couple of weeks....And she is wondering about how much of a notice she will be able to give her employer that she is leaving. She doesn't want to quit her job and then we get denied or there is a long delay so that there is all that time she would be unemployed.

I visited her again in February (the consulate got our package in January) and I gave her my recent pay stubs, recent fiance/fiancee letter of intent, and 2008 financial info (bank statements, letter from employer), etc. If I do not go to see her at the interview, would it be recommended to send her newer paystubs, etc, or is that 2008 info sufficient since that is the last time I seen her in person?

Edited by bamspeedy (see edit history)

1) Typically the consulate mails the visa to the poust office for pickup 2 days to a week or so after interview.

2) K-1 visa is valid for 6 months.

I went to China for the interview, we planed on returning from China two weeks after the interview.

You failed to mention I-134, The financial information needs to be attached to I-134, the consulate will require 2008 IRS return or simple IRS transcript, most provide past 3 years IRS returns or transcripts. Recent pay stubs are a good thing.

1) Typically the consulate mails the visa to the poust office for pickup 2 days to a week or so after interview.

I went to China for the interview, we planed on returning from China two weeks after the interview.

You failed to mention I-134, The financial information needs to be attached to I-134, the consulate will require 2008 IRS return or simple IRS transcript, most provide past 3 years IRS returns or transcripts. Recent pay stubs are a good thing.

Thanks!

Yes, I did give her the I-134. And I did have my 2008 taxes done by then so she has that (and 2007, 2006), so I'm thinking I just need to send her some more recent pay stubs, bank statement, letters/phone bills and possibly a letter of intent.

I think this is the full list of what I gave her:

1. I-134

2. letter from bank about when account was opened, current balance and total of account deposits during 2008

3. letter from employer (with company letterhead) about when I was hired, position and pay

4. Tax returns from 2008, 2007, 2006

5. Pay stubs

6. Proof of assets

7. Recent bank statement

8. Copy of the the entire I-129 packet originally submitted

9. I-797 (receipt) and (approval-notice it was submitted to consulate)

10. Proof of visits to see her (pictures, plane ticket stubs and travel documents, etc.)

11. Letters, phone records, etc.

12. Letter of intent to marry (one I signed, one she signed)

Also: What is recommended for shipping to China? In the past when I sent stuff to her through USPS express mail it would take forever to get there (month and a half-2 months), yet when she sends me things it gets here in about a week.

Edited by bamspeedy (see edit history)

Thanks!

Yes, I did give her the I-134. And I did have my 2008 taxes done by then so she has that (and 2007, 2006), so I'm thinking I just need to send her some more recent pay stubs, bank statement, letters/phone bills and possibly a letter of intent.

I think this is the full list of what I gave her:

1. I-134

2. letter from bank about when account was opened, current balance and total of account deposits during 2008

3. letter from employer (with company letterhead) about when I was hired, position and pay

4. Tax returns from 2008, 2007, 2006

5. Pay stubs

6. Proof of assets

7. Recent bank statement

8. Copy of the the entire I-129 packet originally submitted

9. I-797 (receipt) and (approval-notice it was submitted to consulate)

10. Proof of visits to see her (pictures, plane ticket stubs and travel documents, etc.)

11. Letters, phone records, etc.

12. Letter of intent to marry (one I signed, one she signed)

A-bit over-kill on the I-134.

Asset data like bank account is only needed if your income falls below 125% povertyline.

In my case my income is well above the line, our I-134 and later I-864EZ when adjusting status only included:

• Past 3 years IRS Transcripts.
  • Recent pay-stubs.
  • Employer letter

Also: What is recommended for shipping to China? In the past when I sent stuff to her through USPS express mail it would take forever to get there (month and a half-2 months), yet when she sends me things it gets here in about a week.

try FEDEX or UPS

not sure of DHL anymore even though they are still in international shipping.

good luck