AOS Packet sent off

thanks carl...and what exactly does the biometrics appointment consist of?...anything we should be doing in particular to prepare for this?....what documents will we need to take to it and what questions will possibly be asked?....is there a thread that describes this in detail?

Biometrics = Finger prints (All 10 fingers), Signature, and a Photograph for the green-card.

Nothing to prepare, you simply bring the biometrics letter and photo ID (Passport) to the ASC or Field office specified in the biometrics letter.

No questions are asked, Biometrics is NOT an interview.

Note: You may get two letters for AOS and EAD, or if children are adjusting biometrics may be scheduled on different dates. Go to the earliest date and request that all of the different appointments be handled all at the same time, they will usually handle this for you.

Biometrics are handled by ASC which may or may not be your field office.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=ASC

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Well one thing to prepare, wife may want to fix her hair and perhaps makeup to look nice in the picture for the green-card and/or EAD card.

My wonderful Xiongxing just had her biometrics yesterday. They asked for the appointment letter and ID with her married name or a copy of the marriage certificate because we had sent our AOS packet with her married name. We only had her passport with her maiden name and an expired state ID with her married name. They accepted the state ID but I am not sure if the realized that it had expired. :lol:

Hey Steve

Don't forget to do the I-693

Need the immunizations in a sealed envelope from Civil Surgeon

email me if you have questions

Closing the barn door after the horse has run off. He has sent the packet, yesterday.

If he forgot it, then RFE, or a request to bring to an interview.

Hey Steve

Don't forget to do the I-693

Need the immunizations in a sealed envelope from Civil Surgeon

email me if you have questions

Closing the barn door after the horse has run off. He has sent the packet, yesterday.

If he forgot it, then RFE, or a request to bring to an interview.

ok....this is how it all went (for good or bad)...this is the cover letter inside tyhe acco style folder for each one...one for wife, one for son and one for daughter....

AOS Forms for XXX XXXX

A#XXXXXXXXXX

Entered USA 12/17/2008 K-1 Visa

Married XXXXXXXXXXXX 12/30/2008

Contents:

*Form G-28

*Continuing ¡°Evolution of Relationship¡± letter

*Photo¡¯s

*Statements from xxxxxxxx School certifying XXXXX and YYYYY ZZZZZ's attendance for the last school year (2008-2009) and the current school year (2009-2010)

*Documents showing joint ownership of 2000 Toyota Avalon

*Form I-485

*Form I-693

*Check #8492 in amount of $1,010 for I-485 filing fee and biometrics fee

*(2) Two Passport style photos

*I-797 (NOA2)

*Certified Marriage License (certificate) of 12/30/2008 marriage

*Copy of XXX XXXX's birth certificate

*Copy of XXX XXXX's Chinese passport (biographic and K-1 visa pages)

*Copy of XXX XXXX's I-94 front and back is included on K-1 visa pages

*Form G-325A

*Form I-864 - Affidavit of Support

*Copies of W-7 applications for xxx xxxx, Yyyyy yyyyyyand Zzzzz zzzzzzz along with IRS 1040X (amended tax return) for 2008 tax year

*Copies of W-2¡¯s and IRS 1040 transcripts for 2008, 2007 and 2006

*Statement from Employer (NBC Corp) stating hourly wages and job security with NBC Corp*Copies of assorted paychecks from Feb 2009 through July 2009

*Copies of Check reciepts from Grain Sales made in 2009

*Copies of Medical insurance and Prescription cards for family

*Form I-131 - Application for Travel Document

*(2) Two passport style photos

*I-797 (NOA2)

*Copy of Chinese passport (biographics page and K-1 visa pages)

*Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization

*(2) Two Passport style photos

*Copy of Chinese Passport (biographics page and K-1 visa pages)

and thats the way it all went...and yes, there were I693's for everyone...did new phsicals and the whole shot thing because their guz physical was out of date and they had absolutely no shot records

everything look okay?