AOS interview coming up...

Hi,

I just received my husband's AOS appointment letter scheduled a week before due date. Per my OB doctor, I should not travel or take commerical airplane after my 36th week.

Our situation is like this:

I originally live in Seattle, but moved to NY shortly after my hus arrived in US for jobs, but we employment didn't work out, so we moved back to Seattle. We changed our address (via AR-11) and applied EAD & AOS w/ USCIS using NYC address, becasue if the jobs call us again, we will move to NYC. Though we are in Seattle now, we flew to NYC for AOS bio appt 2mons ago.

I know if I reschedule the appointment, there will be some serious problems as it may lead to a denial.

My question is if I just let my hus go to the AOS interview by himself and bring a letter from my doctor stating my pregnancy and perhaps some of my previous ultra-sound reports and photos showing my pregnancy, will there be a chance that my hus will be denied for this AOS. I am hoping the VO might just reschedule during the interview, at least it won't be like fail to appear and resulted in denial right away. I am thinking to send my hus to AOS interview w/ above evidence and perhaps a statement from airline not recommandnig to board the aircraft.

I have read a CFL memeber (joannaliu's) post regarding her rescheduling her AOS appt due to her hus is in law school and had no problem. I am not sure if I can be as lucky, since each case is different.

Anyone has in inputs? Thanks...

We moved from Dallas to Austin after we received the AOS appointment notice. Not a great distance obviously. We went on vacation then just drove into Dallas to keep the appointment. The friendly IO said she'd go ahead with the interview and notes on the case. The caveat was she'd have to send everything to Austin and we'd possibly need to re-interview there. She said the policy is you interview where you live.

Now the second interview didn't happen. Maybe because we were in the same state. And we got the the green card a couple of weeks later.

Don't know if you will have trouble with this or not.

Ouch!

AOS interview is about bonafide marriage, so they may require both persons to be present at the interview.

I suspect they scheduled you this way to stick you with a 2 year conditional card.

I would schedule an info-pass appointment at the closest field office and ask what can be done.

You should have filed an AR-11 when you moved back to Washington State to get the case moved back.

Example of problems that can happen if you move while AOS is pending.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=22057&hl= (AOS denied due to a no-show and USCIS not moving the case from LA to NYC)

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=25882&hl= (Appeal)

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=27640&hl= (Happy ending)

One last note, This is a case where K-3 is not the desirable visa type, if you were CR-1 you would have had your green-card from the moment of arrival into the USA and would not be dealing with this AOS pain in the ash.

Thanks for the above responses...

I looked at the interview letter, it says that if my hus can't make it to the appt due to health emergency, we can call USCIS... well, I just called. I spoke with an officer who said will change my apt and gave me a confirmation # to track it. I am not sure if this is good, but if we don't hear anything... I will make an Info Pass appt.

I looked at the interview letter, it says that if my hus can't make it to the appt due to health emergency, we can call USCIS... well, I just called. I spoke with an officer who said will change my apt and gave me a confirmation # to track it. I am not sure if this is good, but if we don't hear anything... I will make an Info Pass appt.

. . . and if you want to make doubly sure, have your husband go to the service center on the date of the original appt with the confirmation letter in hand, just to make doubly sure they aren't expecting you

Don't worry too much Missingyou. I had the exact same situations and worries when we decided to change the appointment because our reason is not exact fit to the emergency. But we got our appointment rescheduled any way and went smooth. I don't think your husband can go to the interview by himself as it states if the interview is based on marriage, the spouse MUST come. So I am thinking when you decide to reschedule the appointment, your doctor's statement, any documents to prove that you can not travel within the next few months and indicate when is a good time for you to travel. That's a better reason than ours, actually. We gave them two date periods: either between May-August or Christmas time when we are back to WA. And they did give us a date in the middle of May.

Good luck! If you have any other worries, please let me know.

Joanna