Immunizations question

Hello all. I have a question. I know Hui willhave to have her medical exam prior to the interview...

Lol oh god the arguement we had about that she thought she had the interview then the medical exam...had to ask a Chinese friend who did the same proccess before she beileved me.....:P (seems I have read about the need to hear it from another Chinese person before it is true somewhere)

Anyhoo the question is Dose she need to have the immunizations done before she comes to the USA or can she do it after she gets here?

Reasion why I am asking is she has he whole My cousin Vinny complex going... You remember when Mariss Tomei dose the whole "my biological clock is ticking" speach while stomping her feet.

Just in case you dont here it is...:)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=36838497

Hui wants to have a Baby and she thinks it would be a great idea to put the bun in the oven when I visit Nanchang in January.

Im all for it if it will not delay her Visa at all. but I read somewhere if the woman is expecting they will not give the shots until she gives birth.

Is this true? please let me know if you can.

Robert

You don't need any immunizations for a K1. You can have them all done in the US.

I usually would recommend that you have all shots completed in China, because it is convenient and fast when you do arrive in the US, it costs less, and you can get the "series" completed.

However, with the "she wants" a baby now - I think it best to wait until you arrive in the US. This gives you a chance to "get PG" and then whatever the timing - the Dr. here will give the appropriate shots. In the event she is PG, she may or may not get any. The Dr. will sign the I-693 seal it, and it can go in with the AOS.

FYI - There is a new shot T-DAP which is mandatory starting in 2009 - cannot be given to PG women or nursing women - and even carries a warning of "if you get it...stay away from babies and PG women - I think 6 weeks".

ALso, if your wife has previous shots in CHina or gets the first series - make sure that she goes to one of the places - that is listed in the Consulate site as official places for medical exams/immunizations. Here, you can get all shots put in the Yellow International shot record. It costs money - but it will become a permanent shot record, good all over the world, which most of the CHinese do not have.

OK, I get long winded, 1. you don't need any shots for a K1 to the US, and 2. She can get everything here - totally dependent on her PG status or not. GO FOR IT!

Edited by 2mike&jin (see edit history)

lol Not sure if me telling her she could wait to get the shot after she was here was a good thing.....:D

She really wants to get the bun in the oven. I can understand why she is worried about her age. (she is 38)(dont tell her I told you)

Anyone else run in to this where she wants to start a family right away?

Robert

The other thing to look at is what if she goes to the interview without having had the shots.

Seems like you're okay there, since they can't ask her to have shots that the doctor won't give. Worst case, of course, would be a postponement of the green card until she is able to have them

Perhaps someone who's been there can weigh in.

I like you Randy you always have straight forward no nonsence replys. :) I get alot out of them.

We need to get you liqured up I bet your a funny drunk...:)

Hey I could go for the free liquor, but don't try to take advantage of me!! :P <_<

Ok if we have the drinks now your safe. It's only been a month since I have see Hui. If we wait to long I can't promise anything though. Oh god I wont see her for 4 more months by then I will go cross eyed.

Guest Wuhan4me

lol Not sure if me telling her she could wait to get the shot after she was here was a good thing.....<_<

She really wants to get the bun in the oven. I can understand why she is worried about her age. (she is 38)(dont tell her I told you)

Robert

[raises his hand]

We've planned to have some of the shots done prior to impregnation, then have em transferred to the International Shot Book. I've got notes somewhere - I'll touch base maybe this weekend?

You're an K-1, I'm an IR-1 - it's a bit different, though...

lol Not sure if me telling her she could wait to get the shot after she was here was a good thing.....:blink:

Robert

curious if she is ever married before or has a child?

To answer the question, I'd say not uncommon due to her age and some feel that a mix child will be more beautiful.

Just be careful how you might play that off as 'evidence' if she does get pregnant; that used to be looked down upon by GUZ for K1.

We are in the same boat. Also watched a show the other night about the MMR and possible side effects for the child. Nothing really solid out of that TV report, but does make you think about immunizations and your children.

Mei took her shots after the interview and we are waiting until she is here in about a month to start our "family planning." :D

Randy, if we get this Texas Roundup going this year or early next, I will get us both free drinks...... :blink:

And I thought I was busy before.....lol