K-1 Electronic Processing

I could very well be blind, and in fact, it's likely. But... I've seen a lot of instructions (including a post from USCONGUZ) about how to apply for the electronic processing on non-K visas.... but only vague indications that there is a separate process for K visas.

What is the process to opt in for K-1 electronic processing? And, are there any drawbacks to doing so? Has it significantly decreased processing time, or is it too soon to tell?

Thanks!

John

There is a thread about electronic processing, this is a NVC to GUZ stage process.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=506303

Yes and no about speeding things up, some petitions that initially used safe-file to transfer cases leap-frogged ones that were stuck in the normal customs delay, however as the cases stuck in customs start reaching the consulate, the safe file cases will then get placed back in line FCFS.

GUZ can be backed up at times.

Note, this is not something requested when you file an I-129F

I could be wrong, but I believe that at present their is no electronic processing for the K visa.

It is a grey thing, DOS and GUZ indicates that CR-1 and IR-1 spouse do have this option. The NON-Immigrant K-Visas seem to be using Safe-File or have been sent via DHL, I have yet to see a way to request one or the other.

Yeah that's the thread that I saw, dnoblett. I've just seen some people with K-1 petitions getting through the whole timeline in 6 months and was wondering whether that's a result of electronic filing, or doing something else to streamline.

I'm just beginning the submission process (a week or two away from submitting I-129F) and obviously want it to be as quick as possible.