Waiting for further instructions

Just checked the NVC automated voice service. The NVC completed reviewing our petition on Aug 21st. Messages says to wait 8 weeks for further instructions, and if we don't hear from them in 8 weeks contact them. Is this the normal next step with an I-130? I would have thought that if they have completed reviewing our petition they would have said either the petition was approved or not.

Thanks,

Gary

USCIS and GUZ does the approval, NVC only does document processing.

Dis you elect to do electronic processing or did you mail them all the civil documents?

Guest Wuhan4me

If NVC marked the casefile 'case complete' then it's gonna be bundled up and sent to GUZ. If you opted in for NVC electronic processing, then she should receive a P4 within 30 days - but if the casefile is sent over via DHL - you should expect another wait.

There's a NVC # to call (not toll free ) where you can talk to a human - you might want to call them and ask what's going on with your case. Did you send off the I-864 and DS-230 ? I didn't see that listed in your timeline.

I'm concerned with the wording that you're using here - perhaps it really does mean 'case complete at NVC' .. ( or not )... I think it's time to call NVC, get a human, inquire about case status.

I did not opt for the Elec. filing, all documents were sent to the NVC including the I-864 and DS-230. The exact wording of the automated msg says "Your case was completed on Aug. 21, please wait 6 to 8 weeks for further insturctions. If you do not hear from us in 6 to 8 weeks contact us."

I did not opt for the Elec. filing, all documents were sent to the NVC including the I-864 and DS-230. The exact wording of the automated msg says "Your case was completed on Aug. 21, please wait 6 to 8 weeks for further insturctions. If you do not hear from us in 6 to 8 weeks contact us."

6-8 weeks is for normal consulates like the UK, as fo GUZ it is more like 2-4 months when you don't elect for electronic processing. This has to do with DHS and cases stuck in customs delay.

I guess my question should be, does this mean the NVC has found nothing wrong/incomplete with our case and is forwarding it to GUZ? Actually if that is what it means and it could take 4 months for GUZ to notify us of my wife's interview, that will ge good as she daughter is going to have a baby in late September, and I didn't want my wife to have to deal with GUZ until after the baby arrives so she will be able to concentrate on the interview and not have to worry about the baby coming and not being there for her daughter. My wife lives in Chongqing and daughter lives in Haikou, so my wife is in Haikou now and won't return to Chongqing until a few weeks after the baby arrives, except for when I go to Chongqing for a few days in October and then to Haikou to visit my daughter and new grandchild.

Guest Wuhan4me

This smells like 'case complete' - so it should be bundled up to go to GUZ. Since it's paper, you're in for a wait. And as you've said - that's a good thing, for now.

Thanks for giving the exact wording - IME, that's the 'case complete' timetick.