Different Practices, Different Embassies

Looking at the timelines posted at: http://www.k1k3.com

It is amazing how each Embassy handles the visas so differently. Look at the posting from Johanesburg, South Africa:

. . . . Consulate in Johanesburg was very nice and provided packet 3 before

. . . . receiving anything from NVC. (I contacted them to ask for this)

. . . . Everything was all taken care and ready to set the interview date

. . . . before they received the packet from NVC. Keep on top of everything

. . . . and it can happen fairly quickly.

. . . . Submitted I-129 . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1/24/2003

. . . . Packet arrived Johnanesburg,. . . . 5/27/2003

. . . . Interview and Visa, . . . . . . . . . . . 5/29/2003

This is almost obscene.... Or, at least an example that in some places in the world, the system may still actually work.

I have rumors heard that Russia sends a combined P3/P4. I am still hoping to pull a "fast one" on some of the people who are getting out of the P3 pit (and heading to the P4 Pit) while I have still been stuck in P3 "Administrative Processing".... :)

----- Clifford -----

Ha!! I like that term. Very descriptive. I think maybe the "official" name for the P-3 Pit should be "pre-administrative processing." It's the time your case is sitting on the mailroom floor waiting to be processed.

...It's not been "received" ...It's not been "processed." ...But it's been delivered. ...It's in the netherworld of pre-administrative processing, more commonly known as "The Pit." :P

• 3 weeks later...
Looking at the timelines posted at:    http://www.k1k3.com

It is amazing how each Embassy handles the visas so differently.  Look at the posting from Johanesburg, South Africa:

. . . . Consulate in Johanesburg was very nice and provided packet 3 before

. . . . receiving anything from NVC. (I contacted them to ask for this)

. . . . Everything was all taken care and ready to set the interview date

. . . . before they received the packet from NVC. Keep on top of everything

. . . . and it can happen fairly quickly.

. . . . Submitted I-129 . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1/24/2003

. . . . Packet arrived Johnanesburg,. . . . 5/27/2003

. . . . Interview and Visa, . . . . . . . . . . . 5/29/2003

This is almost obscene....  Or, at least an example that in some places in the world, the system may still actually work.

I have rumors heard that Russia sends a combined P3/P4.  I am still hoping to pull a "fast one" on some of the people who are getting out of the P3 pit (and heading to the P4 Pit) while I have still been stuck in P3 "Administrative Processing"....  :)

----- Clifford -----

Russia is already schedule appointments for Jan 24, 2004 there is a link you can check to see if you got the appointments yet.

Russia is already schedule appointments for Jan 24, 2004 there is a link you can check to see if you got the appointments yet.

Yes,

I check the schedule almost daily. Sometimes more frequently. Unfortunately, they only update the list a couple of times a week.

http://www.usembassy.ru/consular/wwwhcisk.html

Unfortunately, there are applicants with higher MOS numbers than me.

Ok, as discussed before, the MOS numbers appear to be:

MOS-yyyydddnnn

where

yyyy stands for the year

ddd is a number, either 1-365 or 500-865 corresponding to the number of days since January 1. (actual day = ddd mod 500)

nnn is the specific case number.

This does seem a bit odd because BCIS Nebraska was not supposed to have finished with my case until July 14. However, the MOS number (MOS-2003710nnn) would indicate that the number was assigned June 29, before BCIS was supposed to have sent the packet to NVC.

(oops, all is ok. I was off by a month. It should be July 29 (about 2 weeks after BCIS finished)).

Anyway, looking at Moscow's interview list:

Over half of the interviews scheduled have a MOS number greater than mine (and almost 2/3 of the 2003 interviews have greater numbers than mine).

:o ;)

The "Latest" MOS numbers with an interview scheduled are: 2003-808 - (October 4), and 2003-314 - (October 10) ??????

;)

Of course, the oldest are 1996 numbers,

There are also 62 from 2002,

It is hard to see 200 people with newer (larger) numbers than me ahead of me in the interview schedule.

:)

I guess it is time for another letter to Moscow about my wait for P3/P4, as well as trying to verify my MOS number. I would hate for Irina to miss her interview because of a small clerical error.

------ Clifford ------

because if they posted this information, then they would not recieve all of the phone calls from everyone. They need something to do all day long since they are obviously not processing applications.

True,

It helps to post some online info.

Except, they don't post info about the cases that don't have interviews scheduled, and there is no explanation why some applications are apparently scheduled immediately on receipt while others sit for months without an interview being scheduled.

And, perhaps too much information is a bad thing. I am now wondering why they are scheduling interviews for October (Oops, that should have been November) MOS numbers, and seemed to have skipped mine which has now been sitting at the Embassy for 2.5 - 3 months.

----- Clifford ------