P3 Certs, White book VS Original

Guest jin979

For the P3 certs, my fiancee got the white books. It has Chinese and English, notarized. However, the notary didn't give back the first originals to my fiancee. Are they needed in the Consulate? Thanks!

no white books is all that is needed

Guest Wuhan4me

For the P3 certs, my fiancee got the white books. It has Chinese and English, notarized. However, the notary didn't give back the first originals to my fiancee. Are they needed in the Consulate? Thanks!

if the birth certificate was one of those, you might want to ask her to get the original back.

my take on it is this - they are originals, they should have been returned to the person who paid for the translations. Somethings wrong.

the consulate does not need those originals, as a copy of the chinese thing is in each white book.

she'll need the birth certificate, later.

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

Only the unmarried cert has a copy in the white book. For the policy records and birth cert, they were just stated as facts in the white book, notarized, then the translations were there in the same book.

Both my fiancee and I thought that the notary would know what they were doing. And thought what we got from them would have enough authority for future needs. I'll have my fiancee ask them to see if they would give the originals back to her. Otherwise, would copies of the originals plus the white books be enough?

The white books are fine for the consulate.

You will need extra copies of the birth cert for later in the USA get 2 or 3 extras of the birth cert+English translation.

You will need extra copies of the birth cert for later in the USA get 2 or 3 extras of the birth cert+English translation.

Extra copies of the white book or extra copies of the birth cert from the policy department? She went to the policy department and got the original, in her words, it's a form where she fill in the blanks, then turned in the original to the notary, they write it in Chinese, they then put a SEAL and a stamped signature there, then translated it, then put the Chinese and English into a white book. They didn't put the original form from the policy department.

Also, member "YiandE" said his wife/fiancee had to sign the white book. But there is no place for my fiancee to sign. It looks like it's nicely done, but no signature required from my fiancee.

I just hope things are ok. The notary should know what they are doing, I hope. (We paid over 1100 for the 3 docs: 3 birth white books, 2 unmarried white books, and 1 policy white books)

Extra copies of the white book or extra copies of the birth cert from the policy department? She went to the policy department and got the original, in her words, it's a form where she fill in the blanks, then turned in the original to the notary, they write it in Chinese, they then put a SEAL and a stamped signature there, then translated it, then put the Chinese and English into a white book. They didn't put the original form from the policy department.

Also, member "YiandE" said his wife/fiancee had to sign the white book. But there is no place for my fiancee to sign. It looks like it's nicely done, but no signature required from my fiancee.

I just hope things are ok. The notary should know what they are doing, I hope. (We paid over 1100 for the 3 docs: 3 birth white books, 2 unmarried white books, and 1 policy white books)

Extra copies of birth cert. This is needed for marriage and adjustment of status in the USA, as well as later when applying for citizenship and perhaps petitioning for relatives like parents os siblings.

Birth Certificates

Available in the form of notarial certificates, which are secondary evidence. Notarial certificates of birth (Chu Sheng Gong Zheng Shu or Chu Sheng Zheng Ming Shu) for persons living in or recently departed from China are generally reliable, but are best used in conjunction with other evidence. They are most often based upon an AHHR, (Household Record) which is easily susceptible to fraud, especially in villages. Notarial birth certificates for persons long departed from China are most likely based merely upon the testimony of interested parties.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3537.html
Guest jin979

you sign the documents they give you/him, then they produce white books with both english and chinese, ask for at least 4 originals, you dont sign white books. this is your/his/her single cert and police paper

your/his/her birth certificate is your/his/her family registry from HUKOU different book

If you cannt get this clear you/he/her need to ask at the notary gong zheng. its simple

Edited by jin979 (see edit history)