This morning I recieved notice by email that my case has been approved by USCIS. As you can imagine this is a happy day although there is still alot yet to be accomplished.

I was concerned about it for only one reason, I checked my paperwork several times before I sent it to USCIS. When I got the NOA1 a few days later I went to file in in the folder and thought I had more copies of my Divorce degree's than I should. I was wondering if maybe I forget them :huh: . I called USCIS and asked if I could send in the papers just in case and they said no because they would never ba able to link them to the petition. So I just held my breath waiting to see if they sent me a request for more info. Apparently I did include all copies :D . I have always wondered why they need every divorce paper if you have been married more than once. If the last marriage ended in divorce and you have the papers that is all you should need, to prove eligabilty to marry again. My SO is aware of my previous marriages so that is all that counts IMHO.

Anyway....Happy day today.

Robert

This morning I recieved notice by email that my case has been approved by USCIS. As you can imagine this is a happy day although there is still alot yet to be accomplished.

I was concerned about it for only one reason, I checked my paperwork several times before I sent it to USCIS. When I got the NOA1 a few days later I went to file in in the folder and thought I had more copies of my Divorce degree's than I should. I was wondering if maybe I forget them :huh: . I called USCIS and asked if I could send in the papers just in case and they said no because they would never be able to link them to the petition. So I just held my breath waiting to see if they sent me a request for more info. Apparently I did include all copies :D . I have always wondered why they need every divorce paper if you have been married more than once. If the last marriage ended in divorce and you have the papers that is all you should need, to prove eligabilty to marry again. My SO is aware of my previous marriages so that is all that counts IMHO.

Anyway....Happy day today.

Robert

USCIS is correct, this is asked all the time on the boards, never send then anything unless they request it.

Well that is one hurdle, now for the wait for USCIS to send to NVC and NVC to send off to GUZ.

Since I am set up for emails and I did get an email from them saying that the NOA2 was being sent.....Will I also recieve email's about when it is sent to NVC and then out of NVC. If not, how do I find these things out?

Robert

No emails from NVC,

The notification system is at USCIS part of DHS.

NVC is part of DOS, a completely different department of the US government.

To get status info for case at NVC you need to Call and TALK to an operator or send an email request for status. call the National Visa Center at 603-334-0700 or email NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Since I am set up for emails and I did get an email from them saying that the NOA2 was being sent.....Will I also recieve email's about when it is sent to NVC and then out of NVC. If not, how do I find these things out?

Robert

No emails from NVC,

The notification system is at USCIS part of DHS.

NVC is part of DOS, a completely different department of the US government.

To get status info for case at NVC you need to Call and TALK to an operator or send an email request for status. call the National Visa Center at 603-334-0700 or email NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Thanks Dan, you guys...and gal's are really awsome with your fast responses. I am sure there will be more questions :yahoo:.

Thanks again,

Robert