Unconditional (10 year) Green Card

My wife and I are coming up on our 2 year anniversary in September and should be able to have her Pink at the end of this month (she was asked to provide a Custody Document which we have found a way to do).

So, she will have about a month before our anniversary after getting her visa.

Am I to understand if she crosses into the US after her 2 year wedding anniversary she will gain a 10 year unconditional green card?

That's the only criteria for getting this card?

If so it would be worth waiting the extra 30 or so days to get this card.

Thanks in advance,

My wife and I are coming up on our 2 year anniversary in September and should be able to have her Pink at the end of this month (she was asked to provide a Custody Document which we have found a way to do).

So, she will have about a month before our anniversary after getting her visa.

Am I to understand if she crosses into the US after her 2 year wedding anniversary she will gain a 10 year unconditional green card?

That's the only criteria for getting this card?

If so it would be worth waiting the extra 30 or so days to get this card.

Thanks in advance,

Yes, it is!

I see... When is the green card awarded? When passing through customs?

Thanks,

The date on the card will be that date - you might point out the anniversary date to the IO to make sure he enters it correctly. You get an I-551 stamp that functions as a green card.

The actual card comes in the mail up to a month later.

Yes, it is!

I will ditto that, at the moment we are looking at scratching together $545 to pay the I-751 fee to remove conditions on a two year conditional card.

I-751 also has a lot of paperwork to attach to it.