Chinese translated notarized marriage license

When my wife and I were married in Beijing we were issued two marriage books, one for her and one for me. The differences would be that my name is first on mine and her name is first on hers. The other difference would be that each book has its own registration number.

No issues so far.

We had both books translated and notorized in Beijing, but when I left I took one copy and she took one copy. Actually we had 3 copies made, with one of them being turned in with our original I-130 form when we applied for the visa.

The problem is I took the translated copy that matches her book and she has the translated copy that matches my book.

At the interview will they accept the notarized apostled translated copy that she has even though it's for the marriage book I have with me?

Edited by katnreno (see edit history)

Do you have a translated copy of those books that is notarized or do you have a Notarial Certificate certifying your marriage?

Not having the correct document is what got our petition denied, but then we reopened the case and got accepted two months later just by supplying the notarial certificate.

The notarial certificate is a completely separate document, similar to the certificate you have to get saying she isn't a criminal and the one certifying she was born. It is a booklet with some Chinese pages verifying on what day you two were married, and then it has an English translation, and then some other pages in English and Chinese saying that the English translation matches the Chinese, and the whole thing is stamped up and notarized.

What we originally sent was a copy of our marriage booklet, each page and cover, and a notarized translation. This was considered not acceptable and we were denied. We specifically were told that they would not accept those marriage booklets and translations of them as proof of marriage, we needed notarial certificates.

Never mind the fact that the original marriage booklets and the notarial certificates were issued from the same building, run by the same people...

I will be posting a scanned copy of our notarial certificate for reference for another Candle member in a couple of days, I will make sure to come back here and post a link as well.

Do you have a translated copy of those books that is notarized or do you have a Notarial Certificate certifying your marriage?

:yahoo:

We had our red marriage books translated and notarized with the end results being: a booklet with some Chinese pages verifying on what day you two were married, and then it has an English translation, and then some other pages in English and Chinese saying that the English translation matches the Chinese, and the whole thing is stamped up and notarized.

This booklet is based off of our red book marriage certificate. Is the the same thing you are talking about or is there some completely different certificate that we are suppose to have issued to us.

Please respond soon because now I'm worried for the first time in a long while. :yahoo: