Pretty Speedy Green Card!

My wife received her 2 yr card today and her "welcome to the US" letter at the same time.

As you can see in the timeline, pretty speedy. She only had her EAD card for 1 week before Green card arrived.

The approval is dated 8/4, we got the approval email 8/7, and she got the approval notice and the card today, 8/10.

I hope it goes as quickly for everyone else! We've been very lucky. Filing 129-F to green card in 15 months. Thanks to everyone for help along the way.

One question, on the paper the green card is stuck to it has a list of important info about your green card and one is "your card can't be used to re-enter the US." I thought that was one of the main things one would use their green card for. What do they mean?

My wife received her 2 yr card today and her "welcome to the US" letter at the same time.

As you can see in the timeline, pretty speedy. She only had her EAD card for 1 week before Green card arrived.

The approval is dated 8/4, we got the approval email 8/7, and she got the approval notice and the card today, 8/10.

I hope it goes as quickly for everyone else! We've been very lucky. Filing 129-F to green card in 15 months. Thanks to everyone for help along the way.

One question, on the paper the green card is stuck to it has a list of important info about your green card and one is "your card can't be used to re-enter the US." I thought that was one of the main things one would use their green card for. What do they mean?

Exact wording?

You need to apply for AP if you will be gone longer than a year, and may need a returning resident SB-1 visa for longer stays overseas

The welcome letter or EAD card cannot be used to re-enter the USA, however the actual photo-green card can. We have used the 2-year CR-Green-card on several occasions to re-enter from trips to Canada.

Was this note attached to EAD card?

What exactly was the wording on the note?

Exact wording?

You need to apply for AP if you will be gone longer than a year, and may need a returning resident SB-1 visa for longer stays overseas

My mistake. I reread it and it switches from talking about the green card to talking about the EAD card and I missed the subject change. Sorry.

The welcome letter or EAD card cannot be used to re-enter the USA, however the actual photo-green card can. We have used the 2-year CR-Green-card on several occasions to re-enter from trips to Canada.

Was this note attached to EAD card?

What exactly was the wording on the note?

Yea, dumb mistake on my part. Excited about the wife getting the card and read down the bulleted list and my mind skipped over the change from green card to EAD.

They must use this paper, with the slots for the card like a credit card comes on, for all the cards.

I'm chalking it up to working too hard. :mellow:

One note: You can use the green-card to enter Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean without a visitor's visa.

One note: You can use the green-card to enter Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean without a visitor's visa.

Did my wife ask you to post that? :Dah:

AHHHH WAZZUP DOC?

tsap seui

Perhaps a trip to Mexico, Canada, or the Caribbean...I'd stay out of Mexico though, just my opinion

Congrats on your wife's green card. My hus had applied about the same time as you did, but we are still waiting. No news or update ever since the bio appt a month ago. If case doesn't get transferred, I assume we should be expecting an interview request letter sometimes in the next couple months.