Conflicting statement about scheduling interviews?

I am seeing conflicting info here?

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.htm

11. I received a letter from NVC stating that my case has been sent to the Consulate. When will my interview appointment be?

NVC sends this letter when the case is transferred electronically to Guangzhou. The interview cannot take place, however, until the physical file arrives at post. Due to unavoidable delays in getting files through Chinese customs, it takes about 3 months for them to arrive at the Consulate after being shipped by NVC. Once the Consulate receives the physical file, it will send a letter to the applicant with information about how to proceed with their application. Once all necessary documents have been submitted; all security checks have been completed; and (for numerically limited visa classes) the visa is available; the Consulate will schedule the interview and notify the applicant. Interviews are typically scheduled 3-6 weeks in advance.

29. I have submitted the information requested in my ¡°Packet 3¡± instruction packet. When will my interview take place?

For fianc¨¦/e and immediate relative visa applications (i.e., K and IR visas), interview appointments are generally scheduled for 2-3 months from the time we receive the physical petition from the National Visa Center (NVC) or the relevant USCIS office in China.

How I answer your question depends on what visa you are doing (K-Visa, Spousal visa) and if CR-1/IR-1 you elected to do the new electronic processing at NVC.

You may want to put in your signature block what type of visa you are doing and perhaps a timeline of status, as to where your case is at the moment.

Keep in mind GUZ's webmaster does not update all pages on a regular basis and some pages may not reflect new options such as electronic processing pilot program.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

So should I combine the two answers to read: for K visas, the interview date will be set 3 to 6 week prior, and the date will be approximately 2 to 3 months from the date GUZ receives the files from NVC?

It seems somehow GUZ knows that the interview date 2 to 3 months ahead of time, but they are not seeting it until it's 3 to 6 weeks from the interview date.

Is that correct?

So should I combine the two answers to read: for K visas, the interview date will be set 3 to 6 week prior, and the date will be approximately 2 to 3 months from the date GUZ receives the files from NVC?

It seems somehow GUZ knows that the interview date 2 to 3 months ahead of time, but they are not seeting it until it's 3 to 6 weeks from the interview date.

Is that correct?

Yes - but remember that these are very approximate.

I think the 3 to 6 weeks is the more accurate of the two - the other can vary more, depending on the name checks