Printing.. Printing..Printing..

If only they could print visas that fast... :angry: <sigh>....

<snip>The broadcasts of Arabic music and anti-Saddam messages began Thursday, said Pentagon spokesman Lt. Daniel D. Hetlage. But the program only became known Monday when the Central Command said it had dropped 480,000 leaflets over the southern no-fly zone in Iraq, including some alerting the Iraqis to radio frequencies and times to tune in to the American broadcasts<snip>

Source: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...mi_ea/us_iraq_9

Not likely. U.S currency is printed on machines that spit out notes ( the size of visas :-) ) at the rate of tens of thousands/ mn . I saw the program on Discovery, and those ain't visa machines ! :angry:

What's a visa machine anyway?? Looks to me like a plain computer hooked to a printer fed with visa "secure" paper

Maybe they use a slow computer (200 MHz) in GZ.    They need to upgrade their computers or their printer or printing technology.   If 10,000 visas are pending, they must do it soon.   :angry:  :D  :D  We are waiting too long.

The bottom line,.. the so-called visa-machine is just a printer/computer spitting out visa sticker with indfo in the computer. Period. I got a lot in my passport. Ask the chinese. that's how theirs come thru

If only they could print visas that fast... :)  <sigh>....

<snip> But the program only became known Monday when the Central Command said it had dropped 480,000 leaflets over the southern no-fly zone in Iraq, including some alerting the Iraqis to radio frequencies and times to tune in to the American broadcasts<snip>

Dammit, I hope they don't use those leaflet bombs to send out our visa notices...