CCP Roll call: Have they been asking every time?

As I have been reading the interview results I am curious if they have been asking the early screening questions "Are you CCP?". I have heard in some cases they forgot to ask so want to see how consistent they are being about it. It looks like the VOs don't bring it up unless the screener puts it down.

I haven't seen any recent, but if there have been any recent active CCPers interviewing, would like to hear about that, especially if any got pinks.

My gal will be active CCP when she goes late next year (waiting out a J1 2yr HRR) because it is too risky for her career to quit. If we have to waiver then we will be prepared for it.

Does it matter if they forget at the visa interview? you have to answer yes or no on the forms given to GUZ, plus it is also asked at AOS.

Correct! Never lie on the forms, doing so and getting caught is worse denial for misrepresentation is a tough nut to overcome, being truthful and having to deal with the waiver is not.

Several members on CFL have dealt with this and had no problems, the consulate understands that certain jobs in China requires CCP membership.

Take a close look at form GNI-2 used by GUZ pay particular attention tp question #7

http://guangzhou-ch.usembassy-china.org.cn..._Form_GNI-2.pdf

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Does it matter if they forget at the visa interview? you have to answer yes or no on the forms given to GUZ, plus it is also asked at AOS.

It matters with respect to pink or blue. If they ask, then the V.O. will inquire further and as I have seen here, some are just let go, and some are required to go through the waiver process.

To my knowledge from all the searching I have done here, noone has ever gotten white for CCP. Some were given pink, some had to go through the waiver and take months to get it done. Some did not have the question asked before the interview and even though they answered truthfully on the forms, got pink anyway.

As far as I understand the waiver process , it is so they can submit back to the U.S. for further FBI checks. Some V.O.s are diligent about it, others are OK if the reason for CCP sounds innocuous.

Edited by Lee VD (see edit history)
  • 3 months later...

Bump...

Any recent interviews with CCP members? (Also very interested in any J1 2yr HRRs).

In the past year I have only seen two here, one they forgot to ask, the other they asked, said yes, but when explained they did not blue slip it. Just wondering if any recent CCP blue slips, especially if coming in with a pre-written letter....

Anyone have experience having the screening question on CCP not asked?

Everything that we've read on CFL and 001, seems to indicate that the question is standard. We had a good friend who also married an American. She went for her interview earlier this year and was blue slipped. It's my understanding that being a party member is pretty much an automatic blue slip. That being said, the over-come process seems to be easy.

For our friend she needed to write an explanation letter giving her past status in the CCP, and get a letter indicating that she's no longer a member.

It is asked of every one one way or an other.

K-Visas Form GNI-2 question #7

CR-1 and IR-1 DS-230 Part 2

Again lying on these forms in an attempt to avoid having to deal with a waiver and getting caught can result in more serious consequences like a lifetime bar.

My wife was a CCP member, we stated so on the forms and was given pink with our very strong history and very strong supporting information.

:unsure: You see there is nothing to fear from this issue.

Oh, we are expecting the blue slip for sure and will have the letter pre-written as was recommended in the previous threads on this issue. It does seem that there are cases where they do look away from doing the extra check, or can use it to dig a little deeper into the case. Given my fiancee has a PhD (not in nuclear science :rolleyes: ) and we have a solid case with numerous visits both directions, there's a chance.

We also have the J1 2yr HRR to deal with so know we have a guaranteed blue slip for that too (also, if they discover it, which is likely if they flip through her passport, its printed in bold letters at the bottom of the now expired visa)

The I-129F is in and this will probably lead to an interview date in May/June at best right now. This will be prior to the 2yr (by the calendar) date, so it's a guaranteed blue at interview, but we are hoping that we can at least start the CCP waiver at that point so that process can run concurrent to continuing to run out the 2yr "sentence" on the J1.

From what I have read, she will need to send in documentation showing that she has fulfilled the 2yr HRR after it is fulfilled. We might try sending it in after the 2yr calendar day and see if they pick up on the U.S. visits and re-blue her to subtract the U.S. visits. I don't see any harm in trying, but won't do this if the first blue explicitly says to subtract visits.

The faint hope here is at the interview they don't feel the need for a CCP waiver and they don't notice the 2yr HRR but the chances of both of that happening is near nil and we are prepared for it. On VJ, in other countries, there have been cases of them ignoring the 2yr HRR even when they knew about it. I have seen no cases here on CFL where anyone interviewed before the 2yr HRR was up.

She can't quit the CCP without jeapordizing her job and according to the rule that's acceptable. Will CERTAINLY answer all questions truthfully!

Oh, we are expecting the blue slip for sure and will have the letter pre-written as was recommended in the previous threads on this issue. It does seem that there are cases where they do look away from doing the extra check, or can use it to dig a little deeper into the case. Given my fiancee has a PhD (not in nuclear science :rolleyes: ) and we have a solid case with numerous visits both directions, there's a chance.

We also have the J1 2yr HRR to deal with so know we have a guaranteed blue slip for that too (also, if they discover it, which is likely if they flip through her passport, its printed in bold letters at the bottom of the now expired visa)

The I-129F is in and this will probably lead to an interview date in May/June at best right now. This will be prior to the 2yr (by the calendar) date, so it's a guaranteed blue at interview, but we are hoping that we can at least start the CCP waiver at that point so that process can run concurrent to continuing to run out the 2yr "sentence" on the J1.

From what I have read, she will need to send in documentation showing that she has fulfilled the 2yr HRR after it is fulfilled. We might try sending it in after the 2yr calendar day and see if they pick up on the U.S. visits and re-blue her to subtract the U.S. visits. I don't see any harm in trying, but won't do this if the first blue explicitly says to subtract visits.

The faint hope here is at the interview they don't feel the need for a CCP waiver and they don't notice the 2yr HRR but the chances of both of that happening is near nil and we are prepared for it. On VJ, in other countries, there have been cases of them ignoring the 2yr HRR even when they knew about it. I have seen no cases here on CFL where anyone interviewed before the 2yr HRR was up.

She can't quit the CCP without jeapordizing her job and according to the rule that's acceptable. Will CERTAINLY answer all questions truthfully!

I know of a few members that did nto quit the party and had no problems with waiver.

For example "Mama_bear"

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=21187&hl=

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=24087&hl=