Shailesh Saoji.

To The Consular Officer
US Consulate, Guangzhou, China

Evolution of Relationship

I have not had a relationship with my ex wife since 2004 and we finalized our divorce in 2008.

I came across HuiFen in October of 2008 and eventually started corresponding with her on a daily basis, first by email and then by phone.

Having my own business makes it very difficult for me to take multiple days off but fortunately Thanksgiving was just around the corner and I decided to go and meet her in person
We met in Hong Kong in November of 2008 and the more I got to know her the more I realized this was the right thing to do. I am not the kind of person who will procrastinate, if something feels right I just do it.

I applied for a Chinese visa in Hong Kong and Thanksgiving Day went to Guangzhou to meet with her family.

This was also her first time out of China so while in Hong Kong we did the typical tourist things. Our first evening there we went to Café Deco for dinner which has the best view of HK harbor; we also went to Disney and to Madam Tussaud's. She had never had anything other then Chinese food so I introduced her to Indian food and Mexican food.

We talk to each other every day for hours as is evident with my phone bills and for the past few months we have been using QQ video.

I went back to see her, in July 2009 .
We spent most of our time in her home town of ZengCheng visiting her family, friends and workplace. We also spent a few evenings in Guangzhou and had dinner at “Vaastu” an Indian restaurant which claims to be the biggest Indian restaurant outside of India and Milanos as she had never had Italian food.
I also bought her down to our consulate so she would know where she needs to go for her interview.

Shailesh Saoji

Any suggestions? I am too good at writing stuff

You need to mention how much you love each other and wish to spend your lives together in the US. Come on, we won't laugh at any mushy emotional stuff!

Move the line about the ex-wife down into the letter. Bring it up more naturally.

How bad are your phone bills? I used a dial-around called tel3advantage.com and spoke to my fiancee twice a day using only my mobile minutes. I have maybe spent $125 calling China. And some of that includes after Ying arrived! There is also a nice printout you can get from the site to use as evidence later.

"I have not had a relationship with my ex wife since 2004 and we finalized our divorce in 2008. "

" I am not the kind of person who will procrastinate, if something feels right I just do it."

You might want to rephrase something here so the apparent contradiction doesn't stand out so much.

I also agree with other posters, now is the time to be very sentimental

Guest Pommey

I dont see why you even mention the EX in a EOR, unless of course you are including her in you future or present relationship, but I dont think thats legal in most states.