Checklist Cover Letter

I have done all of this. If you have a Attorney than here are the forms you need.

Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States

Birth certificate

Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse

Marriage certificate

Police certificate from all places lived since age 16

Medical examination

Evidence of financial support. A completed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support from petitioner/ sponsor is required.

Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-230, both Part I and Part II

Two immigrant visa photos

Proof of the marriage and the husband/wife relationship

Payment of immigrant processing fees

Also will need Supplemental Information Sheet

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3830.html

• 2 months later...
Hi all ... just got a checklist cover letter from NVCGuangzhou. They say they received my I-864, but are still waiting on my Ds-230s and corresponding civil documents. I have no clue what these 'civil documents' are. Do they mean Police report? The checklist is not a list, only 'civil documents'. Here is a quote from it ...

The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support form (I-864) for this case. However, we are

still waiting for the Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230) and corresponding civil documents for each

traveling applicant to be returned to National Visa Center for review. You will find the DS-230 form

along with complete instructions for submitting the civil documentation required for this case at

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov under the Applicant Document Processing link.

We urge you to send in the DS-230 form(s) and required civil documentation for each traveling family

member in one package to the National Visa Center (NVC). Sending the information in separately may

cause delays in the processing of the case.

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

All forms and documents that we request and require from you should be scanned and e-mailed to the

NVC as Portable Document Format (PDF) files. The applicant must present all original forms and

documents to the Consular officer at the visa interview. Failure to present the required originals at the

visa interview will result in a denial or delay in obtaining a visa for the sponsored applicant.

Any questions regarding your petition should continue to be directed to NVCGuangzhou@state.gov.

Any advice is appreciated.

We got the same email as we just finished IR5 for my wife's parents.

Doucments that used to be turned into GUZ are now being collected by the NVC.

These are items like marriage cert, birth cert, police report... etc.

Here is a link describing which documents.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Also, send in the passport photographs as well. Even though she will take them to the interview, they want to see them before hand.

You don't have to wait for them to be mailed to you. Have someone in China scan them in and email them. Just make sure they send it to you in PDF format.

This is the reason they recommend having access to scanner both in US and China when you opt into electronic processing.

Ok to scan passport photos in black and white or does it need to be color scan?

Yes, however most scanners scan in color, and PDF supports color.

Later at the interview, all the actual documents are brought to the consulate for inspection and to be added to the file. So the actual passport pictures need to be brought to the consulate.

Yes, however most scanners scan in color, and PDF supports color.

Later at the interview, all the actual documents are brought to the consulate for inspection and to be added to the file. So the actual passport pictures need to be brought to the consulate.

Thank's just trying to get it done in work,, but no color scanner here :-( I guess i'll rescan later in color. Everything i do paper wise, i scan and store as pdf's. I Mean everything, emails, bills, letters, phone bills, etc.. etc....

Dan