September Interview group

Did any one have an interview in September?

Yes, a couple of Blues, check interview results forum.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38600

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38454

So far not a good month.

Hi, coming out of the shadows for my 1st post here.

My fiancee just went to Guangzhou for the interview yesterday and got PINK! I want to thank this website and everyone here for wealth of helpful advise and resources.

Quick timeline:

We met 4 years ago, got engaged October of last year, I submitted the K-1 application January 21, she got the P3 on July 2, got P4 late August, interview date Sept 23, PINK on 1st try yay! :P

The stuff that we prepared for the interview was enough, but not nearly as extensive as many other people on these forums.

I put together 3 neat packets for her:

1) Proof of support including I-134 notarized, bank statement of deposits, employment verification letter including title and salary, added a business card for good measure, and 3 years of tax returns.

2) Proof of residency including utility bills, bank statements, mortgage statements, social security statement, life insurance statement, copy of drivers license, copy of passport, copy of naturalization statement.

3) Proof of relationship including copy of my visa's with entry and exit stamps of my 5 trips to China to visit her over a period of 4 years. Letter decribing how we met and a timeline of what we did on those 5 trips. 30 pages of phone bills highlightning the date, time and duration of all calls to her. 3 photo albums showing our pictures from our various trips, with family members, and engagement dinner. a dvd of recordings from this engagement dinner. Various receipts, plane tickets, movie tickets, park tickets in a little pouch. And she wore her engagement ring to the interview.

The interview was scheduled for 7:15am, she went with her mom, was on line at 6:30am, came out little after 11am and called me immediately to tell me the good news. I only spoke to her briefly, but she said the wait was very long and the interview itself took less than 5 mins. They only asked a few seemingly random questions like what kind of car I drive? How many kids she wants to have?? Only material they looked at was flipping thru the photo albums. And then pulled out the pink slip that looks like it was already there all along.

I am so excited and nervous at the same time of having to move onto the next phase of lives. I'm sure I'll coming back to this great site for more resources/advice in the future.

Thanks!

Dennis

Edited by Spekkio99 (see edit history)

Hi, coming out of the shadows for my 1st post here.

My fiancee just went to Guangzhou for the interview yesterday and got PINK! I want to thank this website and everyone here for wealth of helpful advise and resources.

Quick timeline:

We met 4 years ago, got engaged October of last year, I submitted the K-1 application January 21, she got the P3 on July 2, got P4 late August, interview date Sept 23, PINK on 1st try yay! :P

The stuff that we prepared for the interview was enough, but not nearly as extensive as many other people on these forums.

I put together 3 neat packets for her:

1) Proof of support including I-134 notarized, bank statement of deposits, employment verification letter including title and salary, added a business card for good measure, and 3 years of tax returns.

2) Proof of residency including utility bills, bank statements, mortgage statements, social security statement, life insurance statement, copy of drivers license, copy of passport, copy of naturalization statement.

3) Proof of relationship including copy of my visa's with entry and exit stamps of my 5 trips to China to visit her over a period of 4 years. Letter decribing how we met and a timeline of what we did on those 5 trips. 30 pages of phone bills highlightning the date, time and duration of all calls to her. 3 photo albums showing our pictures from our various trips, with family members, and engagement dinner. a dvd of recordings from this engagement dinner. Various receipts, plane tickets, movie tickets, park tickets in a little pouch. And she wore her engagement ring to the interview.

The interview was scheduled for 7:15am, she went with her mom, was on line at 6:30am, came out little after 11am and called me immediately to tell me the good news. I only spoke to her briefly, but she said the wait was very long and the interview itself took less than 5 mins. They only asked a few seemingly random questions like what kind of car I drive? How many kids she wants to have?? Only material they looked at was flipping thru the photo albums. And the pulled out the pink slip that looks like it was already there all along.

I am so relieved and so nervous at the same time of having to move onto the next phase of lives. I'm sure I'll coming back to this great site for more resources/advice in the future.

Thanks!

Dennis

looks like the standard recommended kitchen sink

congrats

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

They only asked a few seemingly random questions like what kind of car I drive?

Congratulations!! But what kind of car you drive? Was your fiancee able to give them the Make and Model, and Year? I wonder why this is important... I would think most ladies don't care to remember that kind of information

Congratulations!! But what kind of car you drive? Was your fiancee able to give them the Make and Model, and Year? I wonder why this is important... I would think most ladies don't care to remember that kind of information

She just said Japanese car, and they were happy with that answer...

I don't think the answer matters as long as she doesn't stutter, not like the interviewer would actually know this information...

I drive a '03 Lexus ES300 for those who care lol.

She just said Japanese car, and they were happy with that answer...

I don't think the answer matters as long as she doesn't stutter, not like the interviewer would actually know this information...

I drive a '03 Lexus ES300 for those who care lol.

Haha. Got it. So in the case, it was just like a casual conversation.