Fiancee tourist visa

Here is two confirmed examples Toplaw was tawking about.

I am meeting with a couple next week where the Chinese woman is here on a B-2 visa to visit her fiance.

I have a friend who is a young lawyer here in Houston. His now wife came to visit him on a B-2 visa from China after they filed for a K-1 visa and while waiting for its approval. She was able to spend several months with him in America, which made their waiting time feel a lot shorter. Her only roots in China might seem tenuous, as she taught English at a University there, and it was obvious that she wanted to move to America.

I must axe you cuz...confirmed by who? Toplaw? :lol:

Maybe I am skepticle of a guy who says one thing yet does another in his own case. :P

Why would "Mr. Counselor" not just get a visitor or business visa for his girlfriend...after all he says it's so easy to do. :eyebrow:

Shucks, one would think that ol' leelee's immigration lawyer would have advised him better. :)

Who needs a K-1, K-3, or CR-1 when you can just tell the USCIS you want a tourist or business visa for your woman...with the purpose being for the two of you getting to know each other so you can marry? :lol: :lol:

Yeah bubba, maybe I should just do that right now, I can have the lil' rabbit over here next week...and we have a "very strong case" since we're married. :D :D

Does David Z have any "tourist" or "business" K-1 visa information up in the FAQ's? :P

tsap seui

Pennsyltucky must be another "show me state"...either that or my momma musta brung me up to not trust any lawyers.

Here is two confirmed examples Toplaw was tawking about.

I am meeting with a couple next week where the Chinese woman is here on a B-2 visa to visit her fiance.

I have a friend who is a young lawyer here in Houston. His now wife came to visit him on a B-2 visa from China after they filed for a K-1 visa and while waiting for its approval. She was able to spend several months with him in America, which made their waiting time feel a lot shorter. Her only roots in China might seem tenuous, as she taught English at a University there, and it was obvious that she wanted to move to America.

A B-2 does not require a fiance, and one is probably not asked about. The only thing unusual is when it occurs AFTER the K-1 is filed. The first couple might get married while she was here, and then have her return to China to await the processing of the I-130 or I-129F. This is perfectly legitimate

For the second couple, again, what are the circumstances? She may or may not be Chinese - she may or may not have traveled extensively in the US on previous visas.

We see more than our share of exceptions, but without knowing the circumstances, the claim that it did happen doesn't provide any information.

My cuzin Tsap had it right...........I was only postin tongue in cheek. :eyebrow: my apologies to the OP but I jes couldn't help it! :lol:

I knew damn well what you were doing...you horrible scoundrel!!! :lol:

tsap seui

I read your re-post from ol' leelee and I kept thinking, man if'n anybody believes this, then I can sell the Brooklyn Bridge again...for the 5th time.

I've made so much money off of selling the Brooklyn Bridge, why I'll bet ya I could buy me one of them fiancee tourists visas. Look out America, there may be a lil' rabbit in your neighborhood SOON...and legal too. :lol: Yeah Sure, you betcha!!!!

By the way, cuz...I captured ol' Bob's beautiful photo and sent it too the lil' rabbit....now she understands more of American slang.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

I can confirm the lawyer's wife getting a tourist Visa. Ying is friends with the girl and we had lunch with her on a visit to Houston. Unless she is a different lawyer's wife that got a tourist visa, of course. I was surprised as you guys when she told us this information. I don't have any reason to doubt.

I can confirm the lawyer's wife getting a tourist Visa. Ying is friends with the girl and we had lunch with her on a visit to Houston. Unless she is a different lawyer's wife that got a tourist visa, of course. I was surprised as you guys when she told us this information. I don't have any reason to doubt.

Hey Bat buddy, I hear ya, and we all see some "miracles" and strange things that go against nature in our lives. :)

I think there is a Candle member that got his girlfriend over here like that.

Why didn't our counselor friend do that? Did he get bad advice from HIS immigration attorney? :lol: Yet he makes posts like the one above and a handfull of his other immigration "tips". :blink:

I jest don't have the time to sit around and wait until the "fiancee tourist visa" for immigration of my lady is actually viable. And look at all those poor saps who wasted all that money and went through all that trouble to get their woman here.

I'll bet for every one of the stories that are actually truthful have one TON of money behind them...somebody in China got...should I dare say it...got paid off. :o

tsap seui

David Z, do you think you are gonna need to redo the immigration options? :lol:

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)
Guest Wuhan4me

Tsap, don't forget about Gold Collar Workers, in China - they can legitimately get the tourist visas without the payout, cause they are able to 'show the gold' to a visa officer.

Usually, they have no interest in 'moving to USA', as they are super rich, by Chinese standards (and hence the label 'Gold Collar Worker' )

It seems the trend, when a USA person meets a Chinese person, that the USA person travels first to China to meet. The Fiance(e) Visa process states, "that the Fiance and Fiancee must have met in person" :plane: . I wish my Fiancee had traveled first to the USA, to have a better understanding of what it is really like here :P . She said that a Tourist Visa was impossible for her or any of her friends to get. She said a travel agent said she would need $30,000 deposit :yikes: , sounds like a scam :D . I have not found much information on requirements for a Chinese person to get a tourist visa. I have appied for a Fiancee Visa in May, but was curious of the true requirements would have been for a tourist visa for her. Any help appreciated. :mellow:

I'm not quite sure why, after reading this thread for two days I feel compelled to write something - as most of what I have to say has been contained in various astute and, from my perspective, accurate comments. However;

1. First, I was living in China with a "Student Resident VISA" when I met my fiance. Money is and was NO barrier to anything I want/ed to do. My Fiance, owned her own home, own car, and had (for a Chinese single women) significant amounts of money in CD's with several local banks. I asked her to "travel around the world" with me at my expense, but more specifically to the US to visit my home - and to see whether or not she would like the US. "An extended test drive - if you will"

2. She filed for a US Travel Visa - and with all of her assets - was summarily dismissed at the GUZ consulate for being "Too Young (33 at the time) and a Single Woman". I investigated - through several lawyers and travel agencies the efficacy of "getting around" the denial - or "legally circumventing" the law. I COULD IN NO WAY be a party to anything that was not 100% legal, for lots of reasons, not to mention US Security Laws IAW my various clearances. There was no legal way to make it happen in the "SHORT RUN (i.e. less than 6 months)". My advice to anyone - is don't waste your time or money on a tourist visa for a single Chinese women to come to the US. If it happens it would be quite rare.

3. Since I was anticipating asking this woman to become my wife, I abandoned all efforts to have her visit the US. Instead I focused on a "Fiance VISA", and took her to places where we could legally travel. We went to Hong Kong, Macau, Phuket Thailand, KL Malaysia, and a couple of other places. Thailand, her first visit "outside of China or a CHINA SAR", she was required to put up a 10,000 RMB gurantee/deposit. This was done at her bank - by sequestering 10,000 RMB in a CD, that was to be held in bond - interest bearing - for 1 year - or forfeited if she didn't return to the PRC. (NOTE: We are visiting CHina for the first time after being in the US for 9 months - and she took her receipt for the 10,000 - and repatriated those monies back with the rest of her funds - her deposit has been returned. (Her money never left the bank - and she drew interest the whole time). So in short - depending on how deposits are required they are common. Just ensure that you understand the details.

4. While I was pondering the above - I also investigated lots of strategies to "take her" to the US. I looked at investment options (not to sound too far out of touch - but a $500K investment to get her to the US would not have been a significant financial investment - and was one of my backup plans) but mostly I didn't want to "run" another business and I wanted to have her with me every minute of the day - and not working/managing a contrived business - if at all possible. Some of the "city/state sponsored" investment strategies via this type of VISA also had "investment difficulties" and were more onerous than helpful. These strategies just didn't fit - if the goal was to be married. This also didn't pass my - trying to be completely honest and forthright in my personal and business life. (Sometimes I fail - but I try)

TopLaw has, in several places, including his website, outlined - or at least - referenced these types of Visa strategies as a "way" to attain a Visa. He also has helped people in doing this same thing. Also, not to defend Lee, as he is aptly able to do this himself, I believe one of his considerations in his "Visa Strategy" was one of a very measured approach with considerations not only for his wife's visa but their very special considerations for Angela, his daughter. These family considerations - often are incongruent with "approaches that circumvent family based visas", specifically visit and business visas. So from my limited perspective I think he did not avail himself to any of these lesser strategies - which was completely appropriate for his situation. EXAMPLE: http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/smallb....smb/index.html

5. I am always happy and a "bit" surprised when I hear of CFL'ers obtaining tourist visas for relatives. Usually these are parents who travel without their spouse - perhaps GUZ sees this as a compelling reason why they will return home after the visit. I have met several "Chinese Parents" in Hawaii - vacationing - on their way to visit Children attending Universities in the US (Washington State, UC DAVIS) and have asked how they obtained the visa. Most were open about the process and basically said they went through an Agency in Beijing (Travel and Visa). I have never had first hand experience of "hearing about" a young single chinese woman getting anything but a student or business visa. I'm sure there are rare occurences as cited here - but I don't think we "who swim with the masses" will ever be able to avail ourselves to these methods in any predictable manner.

Perhaps when more and more travel restrictions are lifted I personally will be able to bring Jin's cousins/family to the US on a visit. Since more and more "group tours" are coming to Hawaii it seems at least plausible in the next couple of years. Hainan Air just announced direct flights from Beijing to Honolulu - to service the new group tours and increased Chinese demand. Hawaii is glad to have these tourists contribute to the local economy.

Lastly, my best wishes to all CFL'ers as they try to have intended and current relatives together with them in the US. We sometimes take differing paths to accomplish this - but like taxes - most stories of "paying no taxes" is just too good to be true! But there are rare exceptions, and they do occur in the Visa processes - but are just too rare for most of us to "depend on". We mostly play it safe, play by the rules, and have faith in the process.

For those who have encountered problems during the process - we can only empathize with your plight, support you in your next effort, and wish you the best of luck in the "redo". Our prayers are with you. For those starting the process - there are no shortcuts!

Edited by 2mike&jin (see edit history)

As others have said, a young, single woman is next to impossible to get a US tourist visa. Rich(house+car) and married with kids, then no problem...

Travel agents can charge a huge fee because they'll make up a fake job, house & car certificates, marriage certificate etc... This can get you a tourist visa, but you'll be screwed when it's time to get an immigrant visa.

So it seems all the tourist visa information on the Dept of State website, with fill out forms, and etc., it just a bunch of phony balogna. Seems awful one sided that it is easy to leave the USA, but very difficult to get into the USA. With the government making it so difficult, and often impossible to come here legal, people will find a way to get here illegal, like the millions of people here from Mexico. Our govenment does little to slow or stop the Mexicans coming here illigal, but sure makes it difficult for us to bring our Chinese loved ones here legal. Does the Chinese Government say anything about the one sided policies of tourists with our government??.. With all the mounting US dept to China, China will end up owning the US anyway.

Guest shutterbug

There are always two sides of everything.

I do not know anyone in person who applied for a B-2 visa with a pending I-129F/K-1. Among the anecdotal success stories I have read online, the reason was obvious for most of the cases: the person had traveled to the US previously on business and returned to China on time. But then for every such instance, I find at least another instance of people attempting to file for AOS after arriving on a B-2 and getting married two months later. It is obvious why DOS posts abroad are weary of giving B-2 under such circumstances, because some people do try to circumvent the immigration process with it. Besides, when talking about illegal immigration what is often left out is that while the majority walked across our southern border, the rest arrived on non-immigrant visas in one form or another and then never left. They come from all over the world, mostly from the less-developed parts, and are not difficult to find in ethnic neighborhoods of any major city.

From my perspective, helping parents apply for visitor visas is easy. My parents have been here multiple times and so have the parents of all my friends from China - for some the first attempt failed, but they were able to overcome that later; and after they have been here once and left on time, they never had any difficulty the next time when they applied; in addition, I do not know any instance in which parents were denied visas when they tried to come here for their children's graduation. Certainly I have read and heard about cases in which one parent is granted a visa while the other is denied one - just heard one such story from my neighbor the other day - but it has not happened to any of my friends' family. Most of them received the B-2 visas in Guangzhou, and the rest got theirs in Shanghai and Beijing. Speaking of their finances, they ranged from just OK to living a comfortable lifestyle but not rich by any stretch; speaking of family ties I know one couple with little left in China because both children have been living in the US since the mid 1990s, yet they had no trouble securing visas. Getting a sibling to visit, however, is still close to impossible. Most people wouldn't even try it, knowing that it would most likely be a waste of money. I had no luck many years ago, but a friend was successful in getting her sister, who was single with no children at the time, to come for a visit last year. She went to the Guangzhou consulate, prepared to throw $131 down the drain, but was pleasantly surprised. She visited and left before her I-94 expired. I am sure there are fraudulent cases, occasionally I run into someone whose circumstances seem a bit dubious, and sometimes the outcome seems to depend on each consular officer's interpretation of the rules, but it is far stretched to speculate that there is massive fraud going on and the embassy and consulates know nothing about it, or that the process is entirely arbitrary.

• 3 months later...