Birth certificate question for AOS

For AOS, the only thing my wife has for a birth certificate is what is called a "Birth Certificate Notarial" (one in chinese and another in english), which basically states that Rong was born on such and such a date in Xi'an and states that she is the daughter of her father (name given) and her mother (name given).... and then there is another paper that in both languages certifies that the english translation is correct....her children have the copy of the actual birth certificate along with the same as Rong has in hers....do I send these white booklets with the AOS papers or should I make copies of them to send?...and if I make copies to send, should I have them notarized before sending everything?

They need only copies of any original documents.

The one with both languages and the certification is the one they want.

No need to notarize the copies - they will look at the originals at the interview if they want to.

ok...thanks Randy....i believe i'm about all set then....have everything ready to go except the 693 and have appt. with civil surgeon to sign off on that next week.....will be more than one year since they had the medical (due to the dna requirements that set us back4-5 months)....will they need a new medical exam or just need to have the vaccinations signed off on

That is exactly what my wife had. Make a photo copy of them and send ONLY the PHOTO COPY.

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

One other thing send a form G-28 for each applicant, this way YOU can act as a representative and make enquirers of USCIS on their behalf.

G-28

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

That is exactly what my wife had. Make a photo copy of them and send ONLY the PHOTO COPY.

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

One other thing send a form G-28 for each applicant, this way YOU can act as a representative and make enquirers of USCIS on their behalf.

G-28

OK Dan...Will fill out the G-28 also....so just to make sure I am clear on this, by filling out the G-28, you are telling me that I should also fill out the parts at the bottom of all the forms as the "Person Preparing Forms, If Other Than Applicant"?....This way it makes me the representative that can make enqiries on their behalf?

G-28

OK Dan...Will fill out the G-28 also....so just to make sure I am clear on this, by filling out the G-28, you are telling me that I should also fill out the parts at the bottom of all the forms as the "Person Preparing Forms, If Other Than Applicant"?....This way it makes me the representative that can make enqiries on their behalf?

Yes, the G-28 is discussed on occasion.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=28422&hl=

• 1 month later...

For AOS, the only thing my wife has for a birth certificate is what is called a "Birth Certificate Notarial" (one in chinese and another in english), which basically states that Rong was born on such and such a date in Xi'an and states that she is the daughter of her father (name given) and her mother (name given).... and then there is another paper that in both languages certifies that the english translation is correct....

I wasnt sure if I should start a new topic or not. I found this and it is fairly recent so I am just adding to this. Here goes -

My wife has the exact same thing described above. It is the same IDENTICAL white book we used in Guangzhou for the interview material. We sent it along with all of the rest of the required docs for the I-485 (AOS). The white book contains both Chinese and translated to English pages. Everything is notarized and has both the stamp and embossed seal.

The problem - Received a "Request for Initial Evidence". The item referenced reads as follows.

"......you will need to submit a copy of the applicants birth certificate. If the document is in a language other then English, you must submit a copy of the foreign language document and an English translation."

In the brief summary at the top of the page, along with quite a bit of other instructions, there is an underlined statement that reads as follows.

"You must submit both the foreign language document and the English translation"

First question - Is the underlined statement underlined on every RFE that is sent or are they trying to point this out to us in our SPECIFIC case? Does this statement appear on all RFE's?

Second question - How should I proceed?

For AOS, the only thing my wife has for a birth certificate is what is called a "Birth Certificate Notarial" (one in chinese and another in english), which basically states that Rong was born on such and such a date in Xi'an and states that she is the daughter of her father (name given) and her mother (name given).... and then there is another paper that in both languages certifies that the english translation is correct....

I wasnt sure if I should start a new topic or not. I found this and it is fairly recent so I am just adding to this. Here goes -

My wife has the exact same thing described above. It is the same IDENTICAL white book we used in Guangzhou for the interview material. We sent it along with all of the rest of the required docs for the I-485 (AOS). The white book contains both Chinese and translated to English pages. Everything is notarized and has both the stamp and embossed seal.

The problem - Received a "Request for Initial Evidence". The item referenced reads as follows.

"......you will need to submit a copy of the applicants birth certificate. If the document is in a language other then English, you must submit a copy of the foreign language document and an English translation."

In the brief summary at the top of the page, along with quite a bit of other instructions, there is an underlined statement that reads as follows.

"You must submit both the foreign language document and the English translation"

First question - Is the underlined statement underlined on every RFE that is sent or are they trying to point this out to us in our SPECIFIC case? Does this statement appear on all RFE's?

Second question - How should I proceed?

Sounds like they may have misplaced what you sent them.

Yes that is standard wording, any foreign language doc, needs a translation attached.

Also you need to only send a photo-copy of the cert+English translation.

Yes that is standard wording, any foreign language doc, needs a translation attached.

But is it underlined in every RFE that is sent out or did they only underline it on mine to emphasize what the problem is?

How do you think I should proceed?

But is it underlined in every RFE that is sent out or did they only underline it on mine to emphasize what the problem is?

How do you think I should proceed?

Send them another copy along with an English translation.