P3 has the same GUZ # as NVC assigned?

This is news. Would one of you who gets P3 in the near future let me know if the GUZ# is the same as the one issued by NVC? Also, what are the three numbers following the year; as in GUZ 2003 NNN 123.

Thanks.

I got an e-mail on November 7 from GZ telling me the new case number which was different than the NVC one. The three numbers were 311 which happens to be November 7 also...

Jerry

The digits tell us exactly when NVC created the case. For example a case with the number MNL2001747003 would be a case assigned to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. 2001 is the year in which NVC received the case from the BCIS (formerly INS). The Julian date is 747 plus 500, so this case was created on September 4, 2001, the 247th day of the year. The 003 shows that it was the third case created for Manila on that day."

That makes senses!!! So mine was created on March 19 correct! My case was approved by BCIS on March 12. But should be minus 500... :D

The weather service uses this same system for winds aloft. I think it's a pretty common, if not cryptic, system.

I got an e-mail on November 7 from GZ telling me the new case number which was different than the NVC one.  The three numbers were 311 which happens to be November 7 also...

Jerry

I don't understand GZ Consulate at all. A girl who got her P3 on early Nov. told me, she has the same GUZ # as NVC one. She is K1, belong to the batch of Aug 29, her case arrived at GZ consulate on Oct 10. She will go to the same city in US as me. We have known each other for several months. She lives in GZ now.

I heard that from Nov. K1 has the same GUZ # as the NVC one. but K3 still keep the different #. But Jerry is K1 too. I'm confused.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

I was looking at this yesterday, but managed to confuse myself about numbers and got myself 1 month off.

It appears as if the MOS/GUZ numbers are assigned fairly early in the processing by the NVC.

So your MOS number or GUZ number is of the format like:

GUZ-yyyydddnnn

Where the first 3 letters stands for the Embassy.

yyyy - stands for the year.

ddd - is number of days since January 1, or the number of days since January 1 Plus 500 (1-365) or (501-865)

nnn - is the specific case number.

I.E. If the middle number is bigger than 500, subtract 500.

Use the following table to calculate the exact month / day.

(assume 28 days in February, otherwise add a day)

January. . . . 1 - 31

February . . .32 - 59

March . . . . .60 - 90

April . . . . . .91 - 120

May . . . . . . 121 - 151

June . . . . . .152 - 181

July . . . . . . 182 - 212

August . . . . 213 - 243

September . 244 - 273

October . . . 274 - 304

November . .305 - 334

December . .335 - 365

Ok, for the day number, someone was saying that small numbers (001-365)are assigned by the Embassy, and large numbers (501-865) are assigned by the NVC. I don't know. Moscow has both ranges too, with about 20% below 365 and 80% above 500.

As far as the last 3 digits. Looking at the Moscow interviews, they appear to be small numbers (generally less than 50), and thus are most likely specific to the Embassy. However, I am not certain what classifications of visas applications use those numbers (and thus, why they look so sparse on the interview schedule).

----- Clifford -----